Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,101  
The wisdom behind Elon Musk's announcing his products once they become a reality in his mind is to attract a team that will make them a physical reality.
^ that, and it's also one heck of a self-motivation/pressure technique !

Rgds, D

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,102  
problem with build it here is, among many other issues, the environmental ecological impacts.

quick example.....

denim material is made here, highly automated but made here. blue jeans

they ship the bulk denim to some, quoting the donald, **** hole in SE Asia where the acid stone wash process is hidden so deep in a jungle it takes 2 days to get there.

NIMBY
Yet THAT is what's wrong with our economic strategy, especially when it pertains to a global economy. Rather than shipping our problems (and jobs) overseas, deal with them here and let capitalism work.

My jeans fade quickly enough anyways, I don't need to pay extra for a process to do it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,103  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,104  
Yet THAT is what's wrong with our economic strategy, especially when it pertains to a global economy. Rather than shipping our problems (and jobs) overseas, deal with them here and let capitalism work.

My jeans fade quickly enough anyways, I don't need to pay extra for a process to do it.
yea but would you pay $400 for a pair with the front worn out?

i got a few of those i will sell.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,105  
yea but would you pay $400 for a pair with the front worn out?

i got a few of those i will sell.
I've got the same, which I've been trying to find a market for. Mine are unique, they also have splotches of orange boundary line paint all over them.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,106  
The wisdom behind Elon Musk's announcing his products once they become a reality in his mind is to attract a team that will make them a physical reality.
I'm not sure "wisdom" is the right word here, it's a fine line between what he says/does and hucksterism. Yeah, right now he's the golden boy, but you can only promote vaporware for so long before you lose your cred.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,107  
Made another run from here to Stillwater, OK again this weekend. On the way back I saw two Tesla's. One around Tulsa with a California plate and one around St. Louis with a Florida plate. It's 6 miles short of a 1700 mile round trip for me. I stopped once for gas there, and once on the way back. 20 minutes total in a 25 hour drive. I'll give them the overnighter in the middle, as I had to do that one as well. Gotta wonder how often or where they stopped for juice in their travels?

We averagd 70.0 mph for the 1694 miles. That means we were cruising at 80-85 most of the time, down to 65 in several places, which is exactly 10 over the posted speed limit in all cases.

#5,108  
I'm not sure "wisdom" is the right word here, it's a fine line between what he says/does and hucksterism. Yeah, right now he's the golden boy, but you can only promote vaporware for so long before you lose your cred.
What do you see as an example of "vaporware" by Elon Musk?

#5,109  

Sandy answering a random list of EV related questions.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,110  
Every other year, we would attend the International Machine Tool Show at McCormick Place in Chicago. Would catch Amtrack in Racine, WI, and ride it to Chicago. We would snooze, look at the scenery, and watch all the congested traffic we were flying past. The fare was worth every penny. Also loved riding the train in Ireland.
I used to attend IMTS every two years also. It used to be pretty cool for a young man back in the early 80's when young female models were still acceptable.

As far as the train goes, I would bet that Amtrak was losing money on the ticket you bought. They have very few profitable lines.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.