Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #11  
Good idea! I have already done this to an extent over the last year or 2, but only mostly in the ruts. I think that is why the mud never gets too deep. I have some only busted up bricks and cinder blocks laying around that I will use fo that.
Sounds like a great idea! Seems like you could start in the center, to build up over ground level, using layers. Doesn’t matter how many layers you use if it’s at no cost, with exception of fuel and your labor. Personally, I’d like to see pictures of your project and your progress as you go along. This actually sounds fun! What’s the worst that can happen, it sinks? lol! What’s likely to happen? You end up in the concrete paver business because everyone has seen what you have done and they love it! Good luck with your project brother! (y)

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #12  
If they’re fairly uniform slabs that you can fit together and make a decent road it might work but it sounds more like a mess to me.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #13  
If they’re fairly uniform slabs that you can fit together and make a decent road it might work but it sounds more like a mess to me.
I think we need a picture. We are all visualizing every possible concept, from a mud puddle to a creek. If it is flowing water, building a road through it will only create a dam.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #14  
I’m trying to figure out which is 15 and 40 feet long, the wet areas or the slabs of concrete? If the latter, I don’t see how it can hurt; especially if you fill underneath them first as others have suggested. Somewhere recently I’ve seen slabs of concrete from a bridge for sale. The only question I have in both instances is how do you set them?

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #15  
If you have enough concrete slabs, lay them in two, three, or more layers, alternating joints, like bricks in a wall.

Bruce

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #16  
Don't include me in the negative Nancy catagory. :) Just saye'en been there on a seemingly insolvable road, that just was a waste of time, as people did try to do it on the cheap. And it never worked cause the road was over a spring with clay as a base soil with no real other rock base set down. Heavy trucks would just blow the whole thing out, with one run. You need at least something under those pavers, to keep them from tilting.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #17  
This wouldn't be a TBN post if there wasn't at least 1 or 2 negative Nancy posts. I will let you all know how it goes.
You can negative nancyvall you want. I clean out chicken houses among other things I do. I know all about the pile of busted concrete over yonder and the wet ground over here to get in the chicken houses. I was on a tracked skid steer which makes things a little better. But you can't get a tractor over it at all. Go ahead and bury a truck. Ain't nothing like spending a couple of days getting a dump truck out.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #18  
You may get lucky, but roads/parking lots are a lot like computers: garbage in=garbage out.

if you get rid of the water first, it should dry on its on.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #19  
Why not try it in stages? Take a few concrete slabs placing them in the middle wet spot seeing how they do. That way you'll know how they react, stay or shift or tip.
I'm thinking step one would be trying to get water diverged by ditches would be best. Then concrete, rip rap going up to #57 gravel.
Depending on how wet, how deep that area is will determine how just putting concrete slabs on it reacts. A few inches of wet mud over firm ground is different than a few feet deep of swampy muck.

/ Using concrete slabs to "pave" some wet spots in a road. #20  
I believe the OP stated eight inch or so ruts on a stable bottom.

That’s not the bottomless swamp scenario that keeps getting quoted!