DK45 smokes white at all times

/ DK45 smokes white at all times #1  

Badmonky

Tractor
Kioti DK45
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and Kioti ownership. Bought a DK45 at auction a few weeks ago (not sure of the year, since previous owner took the plate off). Right now I am troubleshooting the tractor before using it too much. It has quite a bit of white smoke which never goes away. It starts easy and every time, and runs decent imho other than the smoke and a bit of a knock.

Here is a quick video I took yesterday: https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8QduTKNddL9Jdzz5

I did an oil change this weekend as well to ensure that's ruled out (Rotella T6 5w40).

From what I read so far, I would suspect the injectors / pump? Where would you start troubleshooting?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to ya'll.

/ DK45 smokes white at all times
Oh, and it has about 600h on it.

/ DK45 smokes white at all times #3  
Check oil and coolant levels and do a compression check.

I did an oil change and filled up the coolant (planning on flushing that soon).
I don't have the tools to do a compression check right now. Any recommendations for an affordable setup?

/ DK45 smokes white at all times #5  
To me, it looks more like a fuel related issue. Almost like a bad injector.

I would take the fuel filter out and access the condition of it and see if there is any water on the bowl.

/ DK45 smokes white at all times #7  
I did an oil change and filled up the coolant (planning on flushing that soon).
I don't have the tools to do a compression check right now. Any recommendations for an affordable setup?
Check to see if your coolant reservoir is acting up -- Bubbling or puking coolant out. Or a super-hard radiator hose when the engine is running. Also check blow-by. Take your oil filler cap off and watch for puffs of light smoke coming out of it. Some is okay. If you see too much, get a reputable mechanic to look at it.

If it's neither of those, you're probably in good shape. Might just need some fine-tuning.

Hopefully.

The Fuel filter looks good (got a transparent bowl), although I do want to change that asap as well.
The radiator has a lot of corrosion in it (hence the desire to flush it), but no bubbling going on either in radiator or reservoir.
Just checked the blowby. The oil cap is dancing and i definitely feel the air pushing out the port, but no smoke (video: New video by Sven Hermann)

From ruffdogs link i am tending to think its type 3 (injection / timing related, or rings / cylinders) :(

/ DK45 smokes white at all times #9  
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and Kioti ownership. Bought a DK45 at auction a few weeks ago (not sure of the year, since previous owner took the plate off). Right now I am troubleshooting the tractor before using it too much. It has quite a bit of white smoke which never goes away. It starts easy and every time, and runs decent imho other than the smoke and a bit of a knock.

Here is a quick video I took yesterday: New video by Sven Hermann

I did an oil change this weekend as well to ensure that's ruled out (Rotella T6 5w40).

From what I read so far, I would suspect the injectors / pump? Where would you start troubleshooting?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to ya'll.
"took the plate off". did you buy it at auction or off the back of a truck?

"took the plate off". did you buy it at auction or off the back of a truck?
IF I ever were to buy a potentially stolen machine, it surely would not be that old, and have all the issues this one has :p. Plus I got all the paperwork, keys, etc. So, it would be great if you kept your accusations to yourself.

It came from auction and the plate is off (it seems) due to someone welding horse shoes at the frame in the front (where i think the plate should be). Don't ask me why they did that. Maybe to hang some weights?