Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,341  
Until self-driving tractor-trailers can be 100% safe (that means anticipating other drivers and avoiding such situations), I don't think I'd want a truck weighing 20 tons plus on the road.
When these trucks are developed, I hope they're limited to 45-50 MPH the the slow lanes

There are some really interesting studies on speed, distance and traffic loads.

It will take a rocket scientist to develop the algorithms to generate the vehicles speed to a given point.

Why go 70mph only to sit in traffic for two hours at a given congestion point. It may be optimal to go 45 so that by the time you get to the congestion point, there is no congestion. Same distance, more efficient flow and less congestion.

Shout out to the Hokie Nation.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,343  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,344  
Until self-driving tractor-trailers can be 100% safe (that means anticipating other drivers and avoiding such situations), I don't think I'd want a truck weighing 20 tons plus on the road.
When these trucks are developed, I hope they're limited to 45-50 MPH the the slow lanes
There are are technologically savvy companies working on full self driving. I don't place Tesla in that category. They are relying on cameras while most companies are relying more on radar like systems. I believe that it will happen.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,345  
A rocket scientist with no common sense and a desire for personal gain.

I am not a litigious person but I can promise that if a self-driving vehicle ever hits me or one of my family members I will hire the most powerful lawyer I can afford and go for every penny I can get.

It is shear stupidity that mankind is pushing as hard as they can to get rid of any purpose of our own existence. The movie WALL-e was eerily accurate in it's portrayal of future society. A bunch of fat, lazy slobs sitting around being cared for by machines. What a pathetic existence.
CEO of major logistics firm makes a pitch to immigrants to address shortage of truck drivers

Blue Mule I can buy into your pro immigration policy promoting man over machine to meet our transportation needs.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,346  
Self Driving Cars will never be feasible
Aircraft Auto-Pilot will never be feasible
Self Piloting Spacecraft will never be feasible

Oh Wait ...

#5,347  
Self Driving Cars will never be feasible
Aircraft Auto-Pilot will never be feasible
Self Piloting Spacecraft will never be feasible

Oh Wait ...
I expect that is as fake as our landing on the moon last century.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,348  
Don't start now. There are a few Flat Earthers on this thread ;)

#5,350  
Status
Not open for further replies.