Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,331  
There may be major battery/vehicle design changes to standardize the battery pack and installation procedure.

A process that has to come in the future to successfully operate a electric vehicle.
Or build a better battery so that the vehicle itself ends its life before the battery.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,334  
realistic??

Sure, look at transistors tech evolution.

You can hold a trillion of them in the size of a wafer now-a-days.

Look at how far batteries have evolved from the copper zinc disc days.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,335  
Sure, look at transistors tech evolution.

You can hold a trillion of them in the size of a wafer now-a-days.

Look at how far batteries have evolved from the copper zinc disc days.
Yes batteries have advanced and will keep doing so.

It may be hard to achieve the energy density required for say 100,000 miles in a package that is transportable.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,337  
Funny it is a rocket scientist leading the path towards Full Self Driving.

Are ok with the 80K pound self driving semis on the road today?

A rocket scientist with no common sense and a desire for personal gain.

I am not a litigious person but I can promise that if a self-driving vehicle ever hits me or one of my family members I will hire the most powerful lawyer I can afford and go for every penny I can get.

It is shear stupidity that mankind is pushing as hard as they can to get rid of any purpose of our own existence. The movie WALL-e was eerily accurate in it's portrayal of future society. A bunch of fat, lazy slobs sitting around being cared for by machines. What a pathetic existence.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,338  
A rocket scientist with no common sense and a desire for personal gain.

I am not a litigious person but I can promise that if a self-driving vehicle ever hits me or one of my family members I will hire the most powerful lawyer I can afford and go for every penny I can get.

It is shear stupidity that mankind is pushing as hard as they can to get rid of any purpose of our own existence. The movie WALL-e was eerily accurate in it's portrayal of future society. A bunch of fat, lazy slobs sitting around being cared for by machines. What a pathetic existence.

I take quite the opposite approach.

Currently in the transportation side of the industry some claims of driver shortages are in the tens of thousands.

If automation can handle transportation, and it is making great strides... I am all for it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,339  
I take quite the opposite approach.

Currently in the transportation side of the industry some claims of driver shortages are in the tens of thousands.

If automation can handle transportation, and it is making great strides... I am all for it.
Until self-driving tractor-trailers can be 100% safe (that means anticipating other drivers and avoiding such situations), I don't think I'd want a truck weighing 20 tons plus on the road.
When these trucks are developed, I hope they're limited to 45-50 MPH the the slow lanes

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,340  
Until self-driving tractor-trailers can be 100% safe (that means anticipating other drivers and avoiding such situations), I don't think I'd want a truck weighing 20 tons plus on the road.
When these trucks are developed, I hope they're limited to 45-50 MPH the the slow lanes
They have the next best thing already... it’s called a “train”.

Status
Not open for further replies.