Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #391  
Well sure, building 401k retirement wealth is fine if that's your thing, but Beyonce' and Patrick Mahomes actually earn their money. Are you not entertained?
Not really.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #392  
I'm almost sure Beyonce' is a singer? but who is Patrick Mahomes I have never heard of him.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #393  
I'm almost sure Beyonce' is a singer? but who is Patrick Mahomes I have never heard of him.

Television personality. Makes hair product and insurance commercials.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #394  
Television personality. Makes hair product and insurance commercials.
Yeah, and the Packer's play against him this weekend without Aaron Rodgers.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #395  
Ten of the twelve union locations rejected this:

The company said the newly rejected deal included an immediate
10% wage increase and
30% wage increases over the term of contract, an
$8,500 signing bonus and

health care coverage with no out-of-pocket costs for members for premiums, deductibles and coinsurance,
improved retirement benefits and
new paid parental leav
e.

They may reconsider staying out on strike once COBRA kicks in and they have to pay 100% of the premiums for that super luxurious health insurance plan.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #396  
Ten of the twelve union locations rejected this:

The company said the newly rejected deal included an immediate
10% wage increase and
30% wage increases over the term of contract, an
$8,500 signing bonus and

health care coverage with no out-of-pocket costs for members for premiums, deductibles and coinsurance,
improved retirement benefits and
new paid parental leav
e.

They may reconsider staying out on strike once COBRA kicks in and they have to pay 100% of the premiums for that super luxurious health insurance plan.
Seems counter intuitive, doesn't it? Our health insurance is over $24K per year, just me and wifey.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #397  
Seems counter intuitive, doesn't it? Our health insurance is over $24K per year, just me and wifey.
Same here but ours was just raised to 29k per yr. with a 5k deductible. Must be nice to turn that down.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #398  
They may be fighting a two tier wage system or other things that affect them as a group.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #399  
Well, it's the grunts (workers) in the plant that are making all that money for the CEO to make. I wouldn't thing it would be that difficult to be a CEO for JD. Their name sells the product, Not the CEO.
If the guys and gals in the plant slow down, the CEO is probably impacted by less production leaving the plant. At that time, he will have to explain to the share holders whats happening.

Heck, The bosses in the plant is what keeps the people turning out product, not the high paid CEO.

If they have turned down the current proposal. It would be nice to see what they are trying to take away, because the contract that has been posted looks pretty good

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #400  

Same here but ours was just raised to 29k per yr. with a 5k deductible. Must be nice to turn that down.

I was paying about the same ten years ago for my wife and I, over $26K per year ($2,200 per month, $13 per hour) before being Medicare eligible. I'm not sure people who have health insurance included by their employer take this completely into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.