Regen Issues

/ Regen Issues #1  

Bedias1110

Tractor
Kubota M7060
Anyone else have problems with Regen on M7060 Kubota? Dealer replaced entire Emmissions and injectors about a year ago and now non stop regen. Warranty runs out in December and now they are saying water in diesel causing problem. 11 k to change components. No loss of power while driving

/ Regen Issues #2  
That’s disappointing that they’re trying to make you pay while it’s under warranty. Are you able to view the fuel separators, or have a sample of the fuel analyzed? I was thinking there is a code for water in fuel.

/ Regen Issues #3  
What year is it and how many hours? I believe the emissions is covered for 5yrs or 3000 hours on your tractor. I believe I would fight that decision unless they can prove to me I was at fault.

/ Regen Issues #4  
At what hour interval did it regen while you were driving it? Did you buy it new? Have you heard about "Lemon Law"?

/ Regen Issues #5  
Delete it.

/ Regen Issues #6  
Anyone else have problems with Regen on M7060 Kubota? Dealer replaced entire Emmissions and injectors about a year ago and now non stop regen. Warranty runs out in December and now they are saying water in diesel causing problem. 11 k to change components. No loss of power while driving

He's feeding you baloney. A warranty can't run out on a repair that started under warranty and hasn't been completed. What's wrong with these dealers?? And why do they continue to get away it all the BS? It isn't like warranty costs come out of the dealer's pocket.

Although if your dealer is that crooked, you may need to have a lawyer explain some of the warranty obligations to him in language he understands.
Be sure to do that before December...

Have the lawyer also explain just who it is that will be paying the legal bill for wasting his time and yours, too.

/ Regen Issues #7  
Did they show you a report indicating and confirming water in your diesel? Or is this some guess work and wild assumptions by the dealers service department.

Worse yet, if the service department did indeed confirm water in your fuel tank, should they not have made a proactive service effort and cleaned your tank and fuel system to resolve the problem. Personally, I do not think you have water in your diesel, that's what the Kubota fuel filter is designed to prevent, and so it's not causing regen problems.

/ Regen Issues #8  
If you didn't have water in the fuel..They are getting around the warranty by claiming you caused it due to water in the fuel.
Sure glad I didn't buy one of these Frankenstein tractors.
Now, if they don't repair it, you'll have to sue them and prove you didn't have water in the fuel.

Having said that, Does water in the fuel really cause regen issues ?

/ Regen Issues #9  

Most likely not. In fact the two primary causes of regen issues is: 1) the operator fails to run his tractor at high rpm, which is needed for the high temperature exhaust to clean out the DPF. 2) a fuel injector is providing excess fuel to the engine, which results in a partial burn and a carbon rich exhaust overwhelming the DPF emissions.

/ Regen Issues #10  
Yes. Water in fuel can damage injectors. Faulty injectors can overload the DPF with soot causing frequent and near constant regeneration and eventually plug the DPF.
I have no idea whether this has happened to the OP. The argument could be made that the OEM water separator and OEM fuel filter are supposed to prevent this type of damage. If aftermarket filters are used things get complicated very fast.