MT 125 front axle drain bolt

/ MT 125 front axle drain bolt #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
So I was working in by backyard leveling some dirt and I started to smell smell something nasty. With 20 years of experience as a Army mechanic, that smell was very familiar. I drove the tractor on to my concrete slab and and immediately looked at my front axle. My right tire was soaked with gear oil. Then I noticed a dribble of gear oil coming out of a hole. That little hole turned out to be a drain for the gear oil. The bolt must have loosened up and fell out. Anyone doing there 50 hour service or later should make sure they are right. There is one on the left and one on the right.

/ MT 125 front axle drain bolt #2  
Thanks, I will check mine tomorrow.

/ MT 125 front axle drain bolt
So I was working in by backyard leveling some dirt and I started to smell smell something nasty. With 20 years of experience as a Army mechanic, that smell was very familiar. I drove the tractor on to my concrete slab and and immediately looked at my front axle. My right tire was soaked with gear oil. Then I noticed a dribble of gear oil coming out of a hole. That little hole turned out to be a drain for the gear oil. The bolt must have loosened up and fell out. Anyone doing there 50 hour service or later should make sure they are right. There is one on the left and one on the right.

I had to buy a new m10x1.25x20mm bolt and cut 10mm off of it. I couldn’t find m10x1.25x10 unless I order it through LS and who know how long it would take to come in. I checked the other drain bolt and it was loose, but didn’t work it’s way out. Ended up adding more fluid.

/ MT 125 front axle drain bolt #4  
Mine were just past finger tight. Snugged them up a bit. Thanks!