Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,812  
Passed a guy heading the other way yesterday morning pulling a deckover gooseneck about 30' long with a little sub compact car (little bigger than a "smart car") on the deck. There was not one single tie down holding the car to the deck. It was in town traffic, so no idea where his trip started, but I'm surprised the car was still on the deck.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,817  
daily_gifdump_3700_23.gif

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,819  
The worst I've seen tend to be vendors servicing conveneience stores. They drive big box trucks with "Fritos" or "Budweiser" on the side, and usually only need a generic Class C passenger car license. Yet they drive like they own the road, and are big enough so that they can take it from most of us.
Not only that, they always seem to park in the one place where the truck blocks all visibility to drivers trying to pull out of the parking lot, nearby intersection, etc.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,820  
There's one of these on a downhill slope into Gorham NH which I used to drive past a lot. I always thought it seemed rather short but perhaps not, if it doesn't take much.
There's another one in Barre, Vt. that's also quite short and if by some chance you overshoot it, it's a steep drop-off to a commercial area. Let's hope that soft sand works as advertised.
I don't recall there being any development beyond the end of the one in Gorham, so if by chance you overshoot you're just gonna end up in the woods.
I wonder how well that works in years with little snowfall...likely the ground is frozen but not enough snow to stop a vehicle.