why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #151  
First person I ever saw that quoted the real mpg! Good on ya.

I got nothin against jeeps but I'm not a big fan of fads.
My '13 F150 Ecoboost got 17.2 mpg
My '13 Wrangler gets 17.1 mpg
Over 2 years of driving each for the same driver, locations, and roads.

Loved my F-150 but it was Eco or Boost but not at the same time.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #153  
I am on my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee with first one (1984) going to my ex with divorce. This one had the 360 V8 and didnt surpass the 10-12 MPG mark of highway driving. None of the Jeeps I have owned rode "like a log wagon" but had really smooth rides on highway, however the suspension is a bit harsh on rough roads. They dont compare to the CJ's in ride nor road noise. My 1995 GC Laredo that I bought in Canada had great off road stats and was pretty good mechanically till it developed a starting problem seemingly overnight. It took a good battery to get it started in the mornings or after setting all day at work. After initial start up, it would start easily as long as it didnt set for more that a couple of hours. Dealership couldn't fix it, even a new ECM didnt fix it. Finally sold it at auction for $2500.
I recently bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7L hemi engine from my neighbor that has never been off the highway with only 115,500 miles. He used it for towing behind his motorhome. It has custom mag wheels, upgraded LED light front and rear, leather interior and all in cherry condition. Even the engine bay is spotlessly clean. It is now the wife's car and best I can tell with only 1000 miles of driving, it gets 20 MPG. I love the growl it emits when starting and the engine power is phenomenal. I still prefer to drive my 2013 CRV since it handles more like a sports car than the Jeep and is actually easier for me to get in and out of than the Jeep.
My 2007 Chevy Silverado is mostly a garage queen unless I need to pull a trailer.

Last edited:
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #154  
Wouldn’t want to be in Austria right now!
You wouldn’t be allowed to drive it!
Pretty much correct...

This time around many are speaking out.

My sister in law bought new a Grand Cherokee back in 1999...

When my friend were visiting they all commented on her car... all were surprised a young 20 something could afford such an expensive car...

In Austria the cost of a new Jeep at the time was much more than average new BMW and Mercedes and more on par with the Mercedes G Wagon which is made in Austria...

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #155  
Got a couple of modified wranglers (yj and tj), lifted, big tires and geared for rock crawling. Both get better mileage (15 mpg) than my stock f250 that gets 13.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #156  
Our ‘20 Wrangler Rubicon gets 19-20MPG in all short trip driving. It’s got about 21,000 miles on it now.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #157  
My 2020 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 just went round trip from Nia Falls to North Myrtle Beach and back and averaged 25.1 mpg the 8spd transmission is great and it holds the road very well, great to drive.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #158  
My 2020 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 just went round trip from Nia Falls to North Myrtle Beach and back and averaged 25.1 mpg the 8spd transmission is great and it holds the road very well, great to drive.
That's better than my Colorado normally gets. (23-24 if I stay below 60.) Admittedly though, it would do much better if not for my right foot.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #159  
I also like the 8 speed transmission. The 2L turbo is real zippy.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #160  
Even had snows on....

Attachments

• -522386181475981981_LI.jpg
    -522386181475981981_LI.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 76