The gated community issue.

/ The gated community issue. #81  
Psychologically, wouldn't any sort of gate work. Even if its just a little lift gate that let every one in and everyone out. Wouldn't that be enough to deter the causal Tweeker from looking around?
I dont think a lift gate would. It has to have some element of pain in the butt to defeat. If you make it harder to target you they move on to a softer target.

Also we have guns shoot them! No just kidding, but I did not want to be left out.

/ The gated community issue. #82  
Unless it’s rioters, but they are a special case if they riot. Oh, never mind.
I'm heading your way Monday; next project is Baltimore, Canton area... I know it's right around the corner from the Inner Harbor area, sure hope it's civil as I can't bring a gun...

/ The gated community issue. #83  
I'm heading your way Monday; next project is Baltimore, Canton area... I know it's right around the corner from the Inner Harbor area, sure hope it's civil as I can't bring a gun...

It can be dicey there. On the edge of $$$ near the harbor and slums just to the north.

/ The gated community issue. #85  
I’ve been looking for retirement land, and anything with a HOA is out, so if it’s gated, it’s just me.
The problem we found while looking is you need big acreage to stay private and be away from neighbors. It's getting very hard to find that perfect piece of land...

/ The gated community issue. #86  
MMmmmm.... that depends on how big your property is and where the car is parked. The Castle Doctrine in Indiana generally applies only to the houes itsself and curtilage. You can use force outside of that area only if you are preventing seriously bodily injury to yourself or others. See Indiana Code 35-41-3-2.
I do not think that seeing someone pull in the drive constitutes a threat of serious bodily injury without more.

There's an exception if; "My boys are so hard they rattle and so large I tote them in a gym bag. Aah own an ol revolver with a bore so large my pet owl live's in the empty chamber where hammer rest's. Ah ain't scheared to walk right up on scum below my ranking cause don't you know drug dealers don't carry guns and shoot people,no way men with confused sexual identitys own and know how to use guns. Wawll maybe they could have a itsy bitsy little 357 or 9mm but that's nothing compared to this here ol 40 cal cannon aah got."

/ The gated community issue. #87  
I'll be just south of Johns Hopkins, and going to be staying in Glen Burnie...

Some areas Not too good around Hopkins.
When my wife’s father was in Hopkins, wife stayed right where I83 ends downtown. It was OK. Glen Bernie is generally ok, although someone tried to bust an ATM machine out of a store there last night.
I work close to glen burnie, beside BWI. maybe we can meet up after work. The original Mission BBQ is in glen burnie.

/ The gated community issue. #88  
There's an exception if; "My boys are so hard they rattle and so large I tote them in a gym bag. Aah own an ol revolver with a bore so large my pet owl live's in the empty chamber where hammer rest's. Ah ain't scheared to walk right up on scum below my ranking cause don't you know drug dealers don't carry guns and shoot people,no way men with confused sexual identitys own and know how to use guns. Wawll maybe they could have a itsy bitsy little 357 or 9mm but that's nothing compared to this here ol 40 cal cannon aah got."
Repeating yourself is a sign of early onset...

/ The gated community issue. #89  
In my neck of the woods, there is zero investigation of property crimes. So everyone else is building a gate. Doesn't matter if you have vid footage or not, to local law enforcement. Show the vid, and even if, on your own, you found the person, you find out that the person has left the jurisdiction
All our cameras are useless.

A simple gate, up a one way, private road solves this. Reluctantly, I've come to the conclusion that a community funded and maintained gate is needed off the public road. Neighbors have not come around yet to this.
They didn't want to live, as I didn't want to live, in a gated community. Everything is recorded.

Our road is still open, and around once a year, a Tweeter will come up the road to probe a good mark to rob. I don't think the Tweeks know, or care, how dangerous that is.

Do you want to live in a gated community? I really didn't want to: Now, I do want that wall.
Might want to start watching The Walking Dead TV series.

/ The gated community issue. #90  
Tis to an answer,more than one answer. "Mess with My gate and I'll drill ya." "I like having people wander onto my property so that I can confront them to strut, preen and wave my gun". "All the ne"er do wells live in y'all's states,we-uns out here in wild west have high ethics". "Pips round here are so afraid of me they wouldn't dare tresspass on me GOL (guffaw out loud)". And the best of the bunch. "My boys are so hard they rattle and so large I tote them in a gym bag. Aah own an ol revolver with a bore so large my pet owl live's in the empty chamber where hammer rest's. Ah ain't scheared to walk right up on scum below my ranking cause don't you know drug dealers don't carry guns and shoot people,no way men with confused sexual identitys own and know how to use guns. Wawll maybe they could have a itsy bitsy little 357 or 9mm but that's nothing compared to this here ol 40 cal cannon aah got." I don't know about would be tresspassers but I'm shaking in my boots just reading how bad a** they are.
You would be amazed at how some people respond to common courtesy. God forbid there is a misunderstanding. The LAST thing I would ever do is approach someone with a gun in my hand in plain sight (your just escalating the situation, not to mention it's a good way to get shot yourself).