Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #221  
This is where communication comes in. Tell your costumer what's going on.

Blowing them off and giving them the run around is a good way to lose a customer and destroy your reputation.
I tell my customers straight up if the part is available it will be a few days. If the part backorders it could be months. I have been waiting on a part for a leaf vacuum since May. At that time the ETA was September 9, that date has been missed, re ETA's for October 20 which was also missed, and then changed to November 25 which was quickly changed to November 19, which was also missed, and the current ETA is January 2, I am not going to bother the customer and get their hopes up knowing that there is a 100% chance that date will change again.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #222  
I tell my customers straight up if the part is available it will be a few days. If the part backorders it could be months. I have been waiting on a part for a leaf vacuum since May. At that time the ETA was September 9, that date has been missed, re ETA's for October 20 which was also missed, and then changed to November 25 which was quickly changed to November 19, which was also missed, and the current ETA is January 2, I am not going to bother the customer and get their hopes up knowing that there is a 100% chance that date will change again.
Sounds like you were honest up front.

I went through the same scenario earlier this year on a stump grinder. They told me several dates and that they were accurate. After 4th time, I told them when it does come in, they can keep it.

When they tell me something, that's what I tell my customers. When you make me look like a liar, I'm done.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #223  
Sounds like you were honest up front.

I went through the same scenario earlier this year on a stump grinder. They told me several dates and that they were accurate. After 4th time, I told them when it does come in, they can keep it.

When they tell me something, that's what I tell my customers. When you make me look like a liar, I'm done.
So how, exactly, will you fix the problem?

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #225  
Good points. I know of some smaller equipment dealers who are having trouble keeping good help. Some are good, customer oriented owners who didn't realize a) how good their mechanic really was or b) how much Covid changes the labor market. That one mechanic often helped instruct others and now repairs slow to a crawl. That is all over and above the supply chain issues. I don't blame dealers or OEMs for the problem. We cannot really discuss the root cause here.

For point of reference, I grew up in an IH dealership. Dad and uncle owned it and another uncle owned one 35 miles away. (none of those 3 were blood related to each other). I understand dealers better than the average bear.
The root cause, whatever it is, is worldwide.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #226  
Good luck with that.I purchased a brand new 2006 Kubota RTV 900 after 6 hours it got stuck in reverse.Hauled to the dealer to fix it.Does that mean I should never buy another Kubota product? :rolleyes:
It’s all about service and response to the customer. Did Kubota fix your machine? The OP’s dealer and Kioti are not providing service.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #227  
It’s all about service and response to the customer. Did Kubota fix your machine? The OP’s dealer and Kioti are not providing service.
I do not understand this statement. The OP reported the problem 9/24. His dealer had it fixed and returned to him by 9/28. 4 total days that includes a weekend. Exactly how did his dealer not provide service? That seems like a reasonable response time when everything is backlogged.

They probably spent many hours tracing the problem as it was a issue with the wiring harnesses. Those can be difficult to locate even for a experienced mechanic.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #228  
Did you bother to read.
It was fixed within days after the first post back in September (short in the wire harness)

Last edited: