Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #31  
Does anyone have any experience with an alert system that combines with a camera for pictures/video of the vehicle coming down the driveway? I'd like to get an alert about a vehicle entering but also see it.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #32  
I have Ring cameras. I live 1/4 mile off the highway and I can set my cameras up to detect cars passing on the highway if I so desire or just detect motion down my driveway. However I can see the cars pass throgh the trees in front so you would need line of sight. Not necessarily unobstructed but you need to be able to detect motion. All you need is Wifi if you use their battery powered cameras. I really like the way they work and the options you have with them.
People are happy with Ring, for sure. On the doorbell camera I ordered Amcrest's AD410 version today which allows video storage on a micro SD card and without a monthly fee. I plan to also take the video feed into my Blue Iris camera software and store it there as well. The other cameras pick up vehicles onto my property easy enough. I plan on adding a driveway sensor as backup and maybe take an input into a camera so I can get alerts on my phone. Some of our "visitors" are on foot so I do not think the air hose type will work for me.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #33  
I figure $100 a year is pretty cheap for video storage and playback.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #34  
Most times if I get an alert on my phone and hit the alert it will go live fast enough to catch what triggered the alert.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #35  
My "down side" is distance. My driveway is a mile long - straight as an arrow. Goes right down the section line. I could mount a transmitter - high in an 'ol pine but I know of no unit that can transmit a mile plus.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #36  
My "down side" is distance. My driveway is a mile long - straight as an arrow. Goes right down the section line. I could mount a transmitter - high in an 'ol pine but I know of no unit that can transmit a mile plus.
Have you looked at cellular game cameras? I use this one from Reconyx:

It's range is unlimited as long as you have cell service where you live. It's spendy but it's flexible and can be used anywhere for other purposes if desired. There is a $15/monthly fee for remote alerting but it can be renewed month to month and suspended when not needed.

I have a camo unit mounted out of sight at the end of my long drive. It alerts my smartphone when tripped with a delay of around 10 seconds. That gives me plenty of time to go out and greet whoever is coming up the drive.

I also use a Nest security camera mounted on the garage facing the house. It too alerts my smartphone when tripped. It has facial recognition software and can zoom in on license plates. It also records audio and has speaker capability so you can talk with delivery people, etc. The service costs $137/year for 30 day image storage. 24 hour storage is free.

The video & still pics on both cameras can be viewed anywhere via the internet or smartphone.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #38  
I’ve been using the long range version of the Guardline system for about 2 years now. Excellent results. It’s almost 100% reliable. Battery life on the sensors seems to be very good. 3 of my 4 sensors are still on the original lithium batteries. Two of the 4 are on my primary driveway which is triggered multiple times per day. We do get a few nuisance alarms from small animals and birds. The system will monitor up to 4 sensors with the base unit playing a different and unique alarm for each one. I have parallel base units on my main and lower levels. There are also 12 volt dry contacts for hooking up to external devices. Highly recommend.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #39  
Walt44 How long does the hose last ? Is your driveway paved ?
HI: Hosspuller.et off on a different story. This is where I found you. I have a Mahindra 4500 2wd, I just had issues with my power steering fluid overheating. My tractor has been jacked up off the front wheels the past two months. The over heating was a bad seal in the front wheel cylinder. I was able to turn the steering wheel and the front wheels would turn left and right, even when the power steering fluid was running hot. Now I have corrected the over heating power steering fluid, when I took the front wheel cylinder to the shop and the shop replaced the seals in the cylinder. Now after reinstalling the cylinder, my left tire wheel can move from left to right. but the right wheel appear to be locked/froze, will not turn left or right. But you can turn the right wheel round and round. Took off the cylinder, and I can move the left wheel left and right manually. But again the right wheel will not let me turn it left or right manually. It appear my right wheel HUB is froze of locked. Could the problem be in the right HUB spindle housing?? Do I need to break down, knock out the right wheel spindle. Can I do this job myself?? I can see that I WILL NNED TO REMOVE THE BOLT AND NUT JUST BELOW THE LARGE cASTLE NUT and also remove the castle nut pin and large castle bolt on TOP OF THE spindle. Do I need to knock it out with a sledge hammer?? Can I myself do that??? Thing I have already done on my tractor..1. removed the gas tank. 2 removed the stump jumper. 3 removed the front wheel cylinder. 4 replaced the seal at the back of the tractor, where the tractor turn the bush hall. Are there any pictures or steps on how to replaced the Front wheel HUB repair kit???

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #40  
Does anyone have any experience with an alert system that combines with a camera for pictures/video of the vehicle coming down the driveway? I'd like to get an alert about a vehicle entering but also see it.
My camera systems can alert me when there is motion. i first had it set that way - but I got an alert every time the wind blew. I also have a GPS on the trailer and it is EXCELLENT in sending me a text is there is anymovement or changes.