6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi #131  
I hauled my 30' dual tandem PJ gooseneck trailer out to the ranch over the weekend with a dumpster on it so I could clean up some of the junk the concrete guys left behind last year. When I loaded it back on the trailer it made the 7320 grunt a little so I figure it was at least 3500 pounds and with some of the other stuff on the trailer it was in the 12,000 pound range with a lot on the ball. Truck pulled fine, averaged about 9mpg (the 6.7 diesel would have done about 10) so I am not too unhappy with that. The route I take is pretty twisty and hilly for Texas, and the dually kept the trailer in check very will. So far very happy with my move away from diesel.

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi
I still have not found a truck. However, I did look at this one. 2wd, 3.55 gears 🤷‍♂️
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG

Giving it some consideration, not sure yet

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi #133  
In todays rough times if I was looking I would BUY. (y)

In todays rough times if I was looking I would BUY. (y)

Yea 49k for a brand new 3/4 ton truck with cloth, carpet and power accessories seems cheap

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi #136  
Heres my opinion (and yo know what they say about opinions)
Its probably a good deal for Deerefan since he knows he doesnt need 4WD and knows his needs. I think the place where he may suffer is on resale vale. It wont appeal to a very wide audience at the time he sells it because of 2WD.
However, he might not care about that. I always consider resale value because I tend to be a “what if…..” thinker.
Although I did buy my Ram new in 2020 and love it, I’m usually the type of buyer to look for a lightly used piece, thats more loaded that has a significant amount of depreciation reflected in the selling price.
For example, I’d rather have a 2020 with 4WD than a 2021/22 with 2WD.

But I realize in these times of nearly hyperinflation (highest in 40 years) and shortages (look at truck lots and their prices for see trucks), Deerefan isnt exactly buying a truck in ideal times.
I cold sell my 2020 Ram for almost what I paid for it 2 years old with 24,000 miles on it.

Heres my opinion (and yo know what they say about opinions)
Its probably a good deal for Deerefan since he knows he doesnt need 4WD and knows his needs. I think the place where he may suffer is on resale vale. It wont appeal to a very wide audience at the time he sells it because of 2WD.
However, he might not care about that. I always consider resale value because I tend to be a “what if…..” thinker.
Although I did buy my Ram new in 2020 and love it, I’m usually the type of buyer to look for a lightly used piece, thats more loaded that has a significant amount of depreciation reflected in the selling price.
For example, I’d rather have a 2020 with 4WD than a 2021/22 with 2WD.

But I realize in these times of nearly hyperinflation (highest in 40 years) and shortages (look at truck lots and their prices for see trucks), Deerefan isnt exactly buying a truck in ideal times.
I cold sell my 2020 Ram for almost what I paid for it 2 years old with 24,000 miles on it.

Thanks. I don’t know if truck prices will come back down or not. I have been battling the 4wd/2wd war since I started looking almost a year ago. I have owned both. I have needed 4wd exactly twice in all those years. Is it nice to have? Yep. Is it worth all the extra money? No. We keep trucks like this at least 10-15 years. Resale would be low by then any way. I am seeing used trucks with 50-60k miles only a couple grand less than this one equipped the same. It is a crazy market.

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi #138  
I’ve been hanging out on the Ford Tremor forum. There’s a dealership in Des Moines, Iowa , Granger Ford, selling special order Tremors for 2% below invoice. Might want to check with them to see if that deal applies to regular Super Duty’s and if so, place an order, fly to Des Moines, and drive it back to Louisiana.

/ 6.0vs6.6, 6.2vs7.3, 6.4 Hemi #139  
4wd is like insurance ,snowblowers, and generators . Expensive until you need it. Then it's priceless. I wasn't jumping on that 2 vs 4wd debate I was just saying that that's a ridiculous price for a 2wd base model truck. 🍻

4wd is like insurance ,snowblowers, and generators . Expensive until you need it. Then it's priceless. I wasn't jumping on that 2 vs 4wd debate I was just saying that that's a ridiculous price for a 2wd base model truck.

Agreed. While we do not need bells and whistles for our operation, I can remember a truck equipped like this selling for 10-15k less not long ago. We are not in desperate need, but would like to have something by summer.