Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #362  
Yep. If my phone buzzes in the city, or on a congested highway, I just leave it and check when I stop. It's usually less than 5-10 minutes anyway. On open road or long highway trips, I set the phone in my instrument cluster to use as GPS/map. I can see message alerts pop up. If it's important, I'll hit the hands-free button. If not, it can wait till I need gas.
That’s good, but that’s YOU. The newspapers or line line news is filled with obits about people killed in texting accidents. Flip on the radio and there’s ads “texting kills, it can wait”.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #363  
They are dismantling Nuke plants. Just try getting past the environmentalists to build a new hydro dam. Ask Texas about wind power. Even solar has it's limitations, it requires sun. Should we get a large volcanic eruption (it's not if, but when) then solar panels would become only marginally effective.
Forest fires or volcanoes, exceptionally cloudy days, windless days.
Too many weather anomalies to rely on in such a life and death matter as the need for reliable electricity.

Think Texas was bad? What will happen if Mt St Helen’s erupts 50 years from now and we are 50% solar dependent for electricity?

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #364  
Ice core gas analysis tells us of the climate composition going back long before weather observations were recorded:
How old is the Earth? How far back do ice cores go? Still only a snap shot of the planet's environment

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #365  
Think Texas was bad? What will happen if Mt St Helen’s erupts 50 years from now and we are 50% solar dependent for electricity?
I was thinking along the lines of a super volcano eruption. There are about 20 of them with different time cycles. All of them will erupt again at some point in the future. Yellowstone is one of the more familiar and it is in range in it's cycle to erupt soon geologically speaking, any time from now to 150,000 years from now. Were it to happen we would probably get a few years warning. Saint Helens gave about 6 months warning that something was going to happen. Should any super volcano erupt it would plunge the Earth into a volcanic winter for 1 to 2 years. Solar panels don't do well covered with a foot of snow.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #366  
Inflation at a 40 year high?
Job creation sucking wind?
Only thing saving our butts right now is low interest rates.

I bet the RV industry is booming is because of Covid. People can RV safely in the Covid pandemic.
Its safer than airplane, hotel, airport masking-type vacations.
Investments made 29% last year.
My state's unemployment rate is 3%.
I don't personally know anyone that is unemployed and can't find a job.
Gas keeps waffling between $3.09 and $3.29 every other week here.
I do know a lot of my acquaintances are voicing concerns, yet none of them appear to be suffering. All of them spent a lot over the holidays. Most of them got raises and bonuses last year, my wife and I included.

My only current concern is the cost of used cars, as we're looking for one for my mother in-law.

RVs are expensive. Really expensive. Someone has money and they're spending it.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #367  
Investments made 29% last year.
My state's unemployment rate is 3%.
I don't personally know anyone that is unemployed and can't find a job.
Gas keeps waffling between $3.09 and $3.29 every other week here.
I do know a lot of my acquaintances are voicing concerns, yet none of them appear to be suffering. All of them spent a lot over the holidays. Most of them got raises and bonuses last year, my wife and I included.

My only current concern is the cost of used cars, as we're looking for one for my mother in-law.

RVs are expensive. Really expensive. Someone has money and they're spending it.
Perhaps your mixing your concerns (few/low) with the rest rest of the countrys concerns (high/apprehensive).

Maybe some states, like yours are doing well, but quite a few others are not doing that well. Indiana seems extremely well managed.

Investments are generally paper gains. They can fall in a hurry, too.
29% huh? I did good, but not that good. You might want to consider giving investment advice. lol

werent you the one claiming diesel fuel was only up .11 cents a gallon back in November? It’s up like $1.11 or more here.

Last edited:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #368  
werent you the one claiming diesel fuel was only up .11 cents a gallon back in November? It’s up like $1.11 or more here.
No. That was June of 2021 when you said fuel prices were up 56% from the year before, June of 2020. I pointed out that fuel prices were only up 13 cents from 2019 at the time. For some reason, a lot of people did not like that.

Now let's look at today's fuel prices...

Fuel prices rose more than 50% between 2016 and 2019. Where was the outrage then?

Compare that to the rise of prices between 2019 and today. It's only 16.7%.

EAA5D318-AF82-47FF-9F94-A9E092637BFD.jpeg --------6A8977C5-182C-498B-9AF5-39B30C364507.jpeg

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #369  
The pattern I see is fuel prices were high from ’12-’16, low from ‘16-‘20 and high from ‘20 to now.
That’s the most basic pattern to ascertain from that graph

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #370  
See below

1641846375030.jpeg