Fuel prices around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fuel prices around the world. #11  
Oil was very low cost. Then demand went down as COVID went up and people didn't travel. About 10% of U.S. refineries went off-line last year due to decreased demand. Lot's of reason over the past years for prices to drop. Now, optimism about the future with the rollout of vaccines bringing about more travel in the future, lower refining capacity, and refineries going off-line in the South due to the cold, and the more expensive summer blends will all combine to increase the price of fuel.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #13  
Oil was very low cost. Then demand went down as COVID went up and people didn't travel. About 10% of U.S. refineries went off-line last year due to decreased demand. Lot's of reason over the past years for prices to drop. Now, optimism about the future with the rollout of vaccines bringing about more travel in the future, lower refining capacity, and refineries going off-line in the South due to the cold, and the more expensive summer blends will all combine to increase the price of fuel.

Just because you post a link doesnt mean the link has all the facts. Especially from yahoo.com :rolleyes:
Our fuel prices stayed low until September. We were 2.19/G all spring and summer. They rose the most after the election and around the holidays. Covid was almost a year by then.
I think the fossil fuel companies knew on 11/3/20 that their freedom to drill, frack, build pipelines, etc. was going to be curtailed and that reduces future domestic supply and that drives prices up. Retail sees an opportunity to raise pump prices, too.
If the POTUS says he will be reducing fossil fuels, what else would we expect to happen? He sets the tone for the nation and the tone is not fossil fuel friendly.

Last edited:
   / Fuel prices around the world. #14  
Hopefully we can turn things around in a couple of years.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #15  
Yet we still have it cheaper than a lot of developed countries.

That gives large fuel consumers no comfort. It doesnt bother you because you can handle it. Some of us cant handle that kind of increase easily.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #16  
Prices fell and stayed down all summer due to decreased demand. In the fall, they started going up as they usually do going into winter expecting heating oil, gas and propane demands to increase. Propane prices have risen in winter and fallen in summer ever since I started buying it in '98.

Also, people started to travel again which increased demand.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #17  
Prices fell and stayed down all summer due to decreased demand. In the fall, they started going up as they usually do going into winter expecting heating oil, gas and propane demands to increase. Propane prices have risen in winter and fallen in summer ever since I started buying it in '98.

Also, people started to travel again which increased demand.
33%?
I could see 10% seasonal price increase, but 33% is a huge hit. I havent seen fuel jump from 2.19 to 2.89 in 3 months in a long time

/ Fuel prices around the world. #19  
33%?
I could see 10% seasonal price increase, but 33% is a huge hit. I havent seen fuel jump from 2.19 to 2.89 in 3 months in a long time
Gas prices were artificially low in '20 due to so much less driving. Even auto insurance companies were giving rebates due to the lower risk of less vehicles being on the road. All that's happening now is that things are beginning to return to normal.

/ Fuel prices around the world. #20  
OK, we can talk about that, too. But the topic is fuel prices around the world.
Theyre much higher in the USA than they were just months ago. Close to a dollar now.
2010-2013 fuel prices were astronomical compared to 18-20. Really 16-20 look much better than previous periods to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.