Simple CAD software for barns and sheds?

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #21  
I see you are from SC. Depending on your location in the state you may be required to build to meet the hurricane wind load and/or the flood requirements along with stamped engineered drawings for the building. Home grown plans will probably not meet those requirements.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #22  
That’s what I’ve always done in the past.
And that's what I did with our garage addition. Get a stack of graph paper, pencils, and a good ruler. And a couple of erasers! :ROFLMAO:

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #23  
I was a two decade user of AutoCad LT, which I owned legitimately. When it required updating for Windows 10, the company was dishonourable, and tried to extort $89 a month from me to keep using what I had already paid for. I would have paid something for an upgrade, but not that! They lost my loyalty, and business.

I am now a very satisfied user of Dassault DraftSight, and am happy to recommend it. It's $149 per year. It works extremely similarly to AutoCad LT, an in some cases better. I started using it with no tutorial needed, based upon my AutoCad LT experience. I have designed several buildings on it, and am entirely happy with it. It has capability far beyond my needs and skills. AutoCad certainly missed a business opportunity with me!
Link to free trial download for Mac

• Good Post
Reactions: N80
   / Simple CAD software for barns and sheds?
I see you are from SC. Depending on your location in the state you may be required to build to meet the hurricane wind load and/or the flood requirements along with stamped engineered drawings for the building. Home grown plans will probably not meet those requirements.
If things go as planned there will be no inspections, permits etc.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #25  
Same with me. Had a fully paid for Autocad LT they stopped supporting. Wanted to sell me a subscription with yearly fee. Went with TurboCad. Very pleased, One time fee when you buy it and you own it. Very similar to AutoCad.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #26  
Same with me. Had a fully paid for Autocad LT they stopped supporting. Wanted to sell me a subscription with yearly fee. Went with TurboCad. Very pleased, One time fee when you buy it and you own it. Very similar to AutoCad.
Following this thread because I may be doing some work from home, but need a cheaper than autocad solution for my MAC.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #27  
Following this thread because I may be doing some work from home, but need a cheaper than autocad solution for my MAC.

Try Fusion 360 a personal license is free to use and it works on Mac pretty well.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #28  
For those looking for a cheap option and don't want to go old school with pencil and paper...you can format excel (or most spreadsheet programs) to look like grid paper. Then you can use formatting to fill grids as needed to mock up a design.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #29  
I was a two decade user of AutoCad LT, which I owned legitimately. When it required updating for Windows 10, the company was dishonourable, and tried to extort $89 a month from me to keep using what I had already paid for. I would have paid something for an upgrade, but not that! They lost my loyalty, and business.

I am now a very satisfied user of Dassault DraftSight, and am happy to recommend it. It's $149 per year. It works extremely similarly to AutoCad LT, an in some cases better. I started using it with no tutorial needed, based upon my AutoCad LT experience. I have designed several buildings on it, and am entirely happy with it. It has capability far beyond my needs and skills. AutoCad certainly missed a business opportunity with me!

I also own autocad lt , then autodesk disabled it because they don’t support the version any more. I don’t want support, I just want to use the software I paid for, but can’t.
I will never buy from them again, nor will I buy any yearly fee software.

/ Simple CAD software for barns and sheds? #30  

Which version?