Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles
Do you have a chemical that targets grubs only? I would not be upset it is took out fire ants too.

/ Eradicating moles #12  
   / Eradicating moles #14  
I’ve tried everything: the medieval trap w spikes, poison worms, etc.

I had tried several different types of traps for 5 years and never caught a single mole. Poison, sprays and smoke bombs didn't seem to make a difference. Last year, after seeing them on a youtube video, I decided to give 2 of the Wire Tek 1001 EasySet Mole Eliminator Traps a try. I got one on the first day and about 20 for the year. I would get 2-3 over a day or two then not much. I would then flatten the tunnels out with the tractor and all was well for a couple weeks when they'd be back. So I can't say the trap was a total success, but I felt a lot better getting some of those effers! I'm in the Mid-Atlantic area with tall fescue in sandy soil.

/ Eradicating moles #15  
Is it just me or does Eradicating Moles sound like a punk band?

/ Eradicating moles #17  
I've had pretty good success with Victor Out O Sight mole traps. I've killed over 300 of them on our place with those traps over a 6-7 year period. Then they just stopped. There's several threads on it here on TBN.

Some words of advice...

Do not bother to trap mole hills. It rarely works with any style trap.

Mole hills are where moles push dirt up out of their tunnel, so the dirt sets off the trap as they push it up and trip it before the mole gets there.

You need to trap active tunnels. Use your heel to press down a tunnel every so often. If the heel indentation pops back up in a day or two, that's an active tunnel, and that's where you should set the Out O Sight trap.

If the heel indentations do not pop back up in a couple days, it's not an active tunnel, and you can ignore it.

Moles are carnivores. Their main food is earthworms. Yes, they'll eat about any grub or insect they come across in their tunnels, but it's earthworms that they primarily eat.

Finally, take some time and read this guy's website. It's great info.

/ Eradicating moles
Thank you guys, very good advice & suggestions. I’m going to do my research and come up with a plan…

/ Eradicating moles #19  
I have tried traps, poison worms, etc. I am killing them, bit it’s a constant fight in my otherwise perfect back yard.

in the spring, I am going to put some of this down every 4-6 months for two years.

/ Eradicating moles #20  
Hello

I’ve tried everything: the medieval trap w spikes, poison worms, etc.

We have St Augustin’s & Bahia grasses w a Sandy loam soil. I installed an irrigation system in ranch yard so soul is perfect. It’s 2 acres fenced in on a 100 acre place near Columbus Tx.

Plz let me know what’s worked for you so I can get this problem under control.

Thank you very much
Do you have any friends that are Owls or foxes?