Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello

I’ve tried everything: the medieval trap w spikes, poison worms, etc.

We have St Augustin’s & Bahia grasses w a Sandy loam soil. I installed an irrigation system in ranch yard so soil is perfect. It’s 2 acres fenced in on a 100 acre place near Columbus Tx.

Plz let me know what’s worked for you so I can get this problem under control.

Thank you very much

Last edited:
   / Eradicating moles #2  
I’ve tried mouse traps - no good. Chickens don’t kill them. Trying poison pellets next…….

dog gets them but i have holes all over the yard from dog ☹️

/ Eradicating moles #3  
I use the worms and have had good luck. My dad taught me to cut them in half so they go farther. It takes a while if you have a lot them. Once you get rid of them (took me about 2 years) or while you are getting rid of them you should maintain about 25' perimeter with whatever insecticide like grub x or seven dust granular, because they would come in from the neighbors yard. Mine come in from the woods. You still have to be diligent and look to see if there are any new burrowing and put worms out for them. Moles seem to come out anytime the ground thaws or warms in early spring.

/ Eradicating moles
Thanks Doug & Jeff...I am a weekend farmer at best, so being there to manage anything for over 1-2 days is many times impossible. I too cut the worms in half to get more bang for the $$$$. i'm looking into some mechanical trap options bc these show the results. They have literally pushed up 1/3 of my St Augustine Grass in MANY areas...Thanks again

/ Eradicating moles #5  
I have successfully used Cinch traps on moles. They are harder to trap than gophers so I have to be more persistent. It's taken some practice to get reasonably good at it. Part of my problem is figuring out if it's a gopher or mole, and then for moles, finding an active run to place the trap in. Make sure you get the right size traps for your area. Our gophers are small and moles large. I use the smaller Cinch mole traps for gophers and the larger gopher traps for moles.

Wildlife Control Supplies has the best prices I have found.

/ Eradicating moles #6  
I might try this item. Shawn Woods is the king of killing rodents, and moles.

/ Eradicating moles #7  
Hello

I’ve tried everything: the medieval trap w spikes, poison worms, etc.

We have St Augustin’s & Bahia grasses w a Sandy loam soil. I installed an irrigation system in ranch yard so soul is perfect. It’s 2 acres fenced in on a 100 acre place near Columbus Tx.

Plz let me know what’s worked for you so I can get this problem under control.

Thank you very much
Moles eat grubs. Treat for grubs and theirs no food. No food and they go away.....

/ Eradicating moles
Thanks Eric. I have 4 of the smaller gopher Cinch traps snd they work great. Gophers in our area only make the mounds while moles the pushed up tunnels and periodical smaller mounds. Hopefully I will soon find a soln !

Last edited: