Hay Farmers getting out of farming

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #51  
I know nothing about hay, other than the older I get, the heavier it gets.

Who's the primary consumer of hay?
Ruminates mostly, very few omnivore or herbivore non-ruminates.
:LOL:

Depends on the type of hay (Small/large, round bales), quality, location, market. I sell to mostly goat and horse folks but another good chunk is fall decorative hay. Now as soon as tractor supply calls me up for a delivery then I'll know I'm actually a hay guy.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #52  
Ruminates mostly, very few omnivore or herbivore non-ruminates.
:LOL:

Depends on the type of hay (Small/large, round bales), quality, location, market. I sell to mostly goat and horse folks but another good chunk is fall decorative hay. Now as soon as tractor supply calls me up for a delivery then I'll know I'm actually a hay guy.
Thanks! :ROFLMAO:

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #53  
Sad to hear farmers having a tough time of it. It will hurt this country.
True.

I just don't get it. Farmers don't work, we don't get to eat. They are the foundation of the country. The farming industry should be front and center of Congress's attention and allotted the lion's share of the budget every year. Can our politicians think?

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #54  
True.

I just don't get it. Farmers don't work, we don't get to eat. They are the foundation of the country. The farming industry should be front and center of Congress's attention and allotted the lion's share of the budget every year. Can our politicians think?
I disagree, I think farmers need to make or not and shouldn't get influenced by the government to plant or not plant any crop. In the same way government has no place in setting the prices and the consumers need to pay the actual cost of the product so farmers can actually make a fair wage, fairly.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming
I disagree, I think farmers need to make or not and shouldn't get influenced by the government to plant or not plant any crop. In the same way government has no place in setting the prices and the consumers need to pay the actual cost of the product so farmers can actually make a fair wage, fairly.
And grass hay farmers dont get gov assistance anyway. I never took a dime of crop assistance. My state allows me a sales tax break on farm machinery and to register a truck at a farm vehicle, about a 50% break in vehicle registration.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #56  
Really? Government has no role in tending to the security of the nation? I am for a free market but I am not a mindless ideologue who will stand by and allow the farming industry get decimated by one thing or another. The younger generation is drifting away from the tough life on the farm. Shall we watch that happen? Or should we launch an initiative to stem that tide? There are initiatives to save the environment. How about one to save the farming industry as a matter of national security?

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming
Since its all about “feelings” now, why dont we make it punishable to tease or belittle young-uns who want to learn to farm or go to trade school and dont want to go to college?
Then maybe the “shame” attached to not being a college grad will go away and more kids may consider farming?

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #58  
And grass hay farmers dont get gov assistance anyway. I never took a dime of crop assistance. My state allows me a sales tax break on farm machinery and to register a truck at a farm vehicle, about a 50% break in vehicle registration.
Farmers don't ever get a break. And they get whacked every which way every time Mother Nature has a tantrum.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #59  
Since its all about “feelings” now, why dont we make it punishable to tease or belittle young-uns who want to learn to farm or go to trade school and dont want to go to college?
Then maybe the “shame” attached to not being a college grad will go away and more kids may consider farming?
Our kids are being indoctrinated away from being a country hick. Farming use to be a matter of pride: the homestead on the frontier. Living close to the land. Living in the city hollows out the human soul.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #60  
When harvest bountiful it generally means everyone has a good crop which depresses price...