Hay Farmers getting out of farming

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #451  
No doubt, but try telling my customers that LOL :ROFLMAO:
Also, check the price difference between cow pies/mushroom compost and bags of granular N or liquid N.

1. I can rent a terd hearse for a month for $1,000 and fertilize over 300 acres.
2. That same 300 acres would cost $15-$20,000 in “chemicals”.

I’d get higher yield from #2, but no way would it cover those expenses.

View attachment 738431
As long as you have a sufficient supply of manure, that works. But that is typically the limitation on organic farming. It takes a lot of organic material to treat 100 acres. Also most organics may be a good source of nitrogen, but may lack other micronutrients such is iron, etc… The best approach is to test the soil to see what nutrients are excess and deficit and manage accordingly.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming
As long as you have a sufficient supply of manure, that works. But that is typically the limitation on organic farming. It takes a lot of organic material to treat 100 acres. Also most organics may be a good source of nitrogen, but may lack other micronutrients such is iron, etc… The best approach is to test the soil to see what nutrients are excess and deficit and manage accordingly.
Of course and most of my fields are soil tested every 2-3 years.
I have an unlimited source of “organic” fertilizer. I put it in quotes because I honestly dont know if it qualifies as such. I dont sell my hay as “organic”. I advertise it as “natural” or low chemical usage, etc. For all I know it may actually be organic.
Its delivered completely free. Its hay, horse/cow manure, lime, chicken litter and water.

Its not uncommon for me to get 35-50 tri-axle loads delivered to a 40-50 acre hay field ands spread it in 3-4 days.
I have had excellent success with it and it improves my bottom line bigly.

/ Hay Farmers getting out of farming #453  
Of course and most of my fields are soil tested every 2-3 years.
I have an unlimited source of “organic” fertilizer. I put it in quotes because I honestly dont know if it qualifies as such. I dont sell my hay as “organic”. I advertise it as “natural” or low chemical usage, etc. For all I know it may actually be organic.
Its delivered completely free. Its hay, horse/cow manure, lime, chicken litter and water.

Its not uncommon for me to get 35-50 tri-axle loads delivered to a 40-50 acre hay field ands spread it in 3-4 days.
I have had excellent success with it and it improves my bottom line bigly.
If it isn’t broke, it doesn’t need fixed. That’s a lot of loads. You’re lucky to have a source for so much.