The high cost of cutting grass

/ The high cost of cutting grass #32  
Snakes don't bother me much. Probably because there are about ZERO venomous ones near me. My tune might change if encounters were likely. I'm more concerned with wasps and hornets, and accidentally disturbing their nests. YIKES! Those hurt.
Yes. We have yellow jackets and wasps. Not fun. I don’t care about the non venomous snakes either.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #33  
And who out there has learned the hard way that ground nesting yellow jackets fly faster than your tractor?

🤚
I'd never even heard of those creatures until I ran over a nest and found out the hard way. They hurt and I swelled up, fortunately, I don't seem to be allergic to anything but it took many days for the swelling to go down.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #34  
I'd never even heard of those creatures until I ran over a nest and found out the hard way. They hurt and I swelled up, fortunately, I don't seem to be allergic to anything but it took many days for the swelling to go down.
Where I live, they get particularly nasty during late summer/early fall.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #35  
Lots of time and money spent on cutting grass in town or the country. Yes, the green costs a bunch of green.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #36  
I am a dealer for a specialized line of mowers. They are mostly used for golf courses. About 2 years ago, I sold one to a local homeowner for his lawn. It is a 16' model.

Yes, i said 16 foot wide model for his lawn.

Crazy you say? Well....his lawn is 700 acres. That's right, his employees mow 700 acres of lawn every week. Yep, seven hundred acres of lawn mowed every week.

Did I mention he owns what is probably the largest jewelry manufacturing company in the world.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #37  
I am a dealer for a specialized line of mowers. They are mostly used for golf courses. About 2 years ago, I sold one to a local homeowner for his lawn. It is a 16' model.

Yes, i said 16 foot wide model for his lawn.

Crazy you say? Well....his lawn is 700 acres. That's right, his employees mow 700 acres of lawn every week. Yep, seven hundred acres of lawn mowed every week.

Did I mention he owns what is probably the largest jewelry manufacturing company in the world.
That’s a perfect example of someone who has too much money.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #38  
Just curious, how long does it take to cut 700 acres?

/ The high cost of cutting grass #39  
I have, in South Bend, when I was a kid. Now the closest ones to me are up around Cassopolis around the kitty litter guy's place.
Slightly OT…..
FIL has a place in Cassopolis…wonder if I should tell him about the snakes…..;)

/ The high cost of cutting grass #40  
T
Just curious, how long does it take to cut 700 acres?
They cut it all every week. But not just with the mower I sold them. They have several 96" zero turn mowers, and several smaller mowers. And a few other 15' batwing mowers too.