UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #983  
If rain fell up on the other side of the Earth I'd agree with you....
I don't believe the Earth you and I are standing on exists no matter what the scientists and astronauts say.

You know what? For all the science knowledge we have cooked up about the planet, we have not drilled deeper than 8 miles into the crust of Planet Earth which, supposedly, has a diameter of about 8,000 miles (so scientists say).

If we managed to drill beyond 8 miles and right through to the other side and I can peek through the hole and see you waving at me from the other end, then I will accept your belief that Earth exists.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #984  
Is light years a measure of distance or time?
A light year is the speed light will travel in a years time. Theoretically nothing will travel faster than light. It travels at 186,282 miles per second

/ UFO's... What do you think? #985  
For whatever reason I remember that light speed 186,282 miles per second. But if you're driving at night doing, say, 100 mph (I do that sometimes ) then turn your headlights on...is the speed of light now 186,282.028 miles per second?

/ UFO's... What do you think? #986  
For whatever reason I remember that light speed 186,282 miles per second. But if you're driving at night doing, say, 100 mph (I do that sometimes ) then turn your headlights on...is the speed of light now 186,282.028 miles per second?
It is hard to believe but in a vacuum light can cover the distance of 186,282 miles. Light acts like both waves and particles. Most agree that light is made of photon particles that travel in wave patterns.

"To give you an idea as to how fast light is, we'll give you some examples. The Sun is almost 93 million miles from the Earth. It takes around 8 minutes for light to get from the Sun to the Earth. It takes around 1.3 seconds for light to go from the moon to the Earth. Source of quote is below."

Read more at: Physics for Kids: Light
This text is Copyright © Ducksters. Do not use without permission.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #987  
It is hard to believe but in a vacuum light can cover the distance of 186,282 miles. Light acts like both waves and particles. Most agree that light is made of photon particles that travel in wave patterns.

"To give you an idea as to how fast light is, we'll give you some examples. The Sun is almost 93 million miles from the Earth. It takes around 8 minutes for light to get from the Sun to the Earth. It takes around 1.3 seconds for light to go from the moon to the Earth. Source of quote is below."

Read more at: Physics for Kids: Light
This text is Copyright © Ducksters. Do not use without permission.
Light is indeed a strange or curious thing...

/ UFO's... What do you think? #989  
A light year is the speed light will travel in a years time. Theoretically nothing will travel faster than light. It travels at 186,282 miles per second
False. You are repeating the lies that godless scientists indoctrinate the modern day science. No way of knowing, no way of measuring.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #990  
False. You are repeating the lies that godless scientists indoctrinate the modern day science. No way of knowing, no way of measuring.
What about measuring how long it takes light to get from known distance point a to b then extrapolating how far it goes in a year makes a person Godless?

Judge not lest you be judged first......seems a little judgy to call people you don't know Godless.

Status
Not open for further replies.