10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic)

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #32  
I know this is taking this post WAY off topic but one of the funniest things we used to do was on the rookies first night we would quietly sneak out to the apparatus bay and manually lift the bay door. Since we kept the fire engines plugged into air we could always release the brakes and roll the engine out the door with the sloped apparatus bay. Once outside we would quietly close the door, start the engine and drive around back. We would go back into the station and hit the house bells and wake the new guy up. He would tear out to the engine for his first run at night and dang if he didn't miss the engine.... :)
We ALL had a good laugh as he became part of the family. :)

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #34  
Ever use a “Band-Aid” before”
”Kleen-Ex”?
“Crescent wrench” is a perfectly fine name for an adjustable or open end wrench….we use it around here all the time.
In this part of the world, they're commonly just called a "shifter".

Then again, we call a "torch" what you guys call a flashlight.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #35  
Many tractors have loops on the 3ph lift arms to store spare lynch pins. Check to see if maybe you just dropped a spare.

/ 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #36  
Last edited:
   / 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #39  
   / 10 Hours In, found this laying in front of my bucket (see pic) #40  
We ALL had a good laugh as he became part of the family. :)
That's the whole point. A little hazing is required IMHO to build cohesion, no one should get hurt other than feelings from time to time but it brings the team/unit closer together.

Boy, can't get much farther off topic than that!