Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #41  
My camera systems can alert me when there is motion. i first had it set that way - but I got an alert every time the wind blew. I also have a GPS on the trailer and it is EXCELLENT in sending me a text is there is anymovement or changes.
What camera do you use?

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #42  
TacTacam cell based camera;I receive pictures in two minutes from 3/4 mile away.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #43  
What camera do you use?
In the beginning I used cvi cameras, then later hybrid camera on my DVRs. But I also have a NVR with 2or 3 mp Ip cameras. They are by far the best and hi def. I have used. They are POE (Power over Ethernet cable). I get all my Camera supplies from SecurityCameraKing.com They are very good. They also have learning videos on their download part of the site. I hope this helps a little. A DVR or NVR are box devices that record what the camera input is. The NVR cameras are usually a Hi def camera and are MP cameras (mega pixel). A 2 MP camera can be purchased for about $50-$60 and will be very clear. Most DVR or NVR have have 8 or 16 inputs for cameras and an 8 DVR or NVR will record 8 cameras on whatever schedule you wish, or full 24 hrs a day and retain the recording for a month. DEV and NVR must use ethernet cable to connect to router or switch or hub. And the cameras connet to the NVR via ethernet cable. DVRs connect to the camera with a BNC connector and dual cable which carries both video and power. NVR camera cable can be run much futher than the dual cable used for DVRs and cvi cameras.
The camera systems are based on internet access and I can see them from anywhere or download recording anywhere, with computer or cell phone.
All the cameras I use have infrared so they can see in the night in black and white. They are all color when there is light.

Last edited:
   / Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #44  
Try Reolink been very happy with them you can use via Wifi or you can get the cell option as well. I have the Wifi and they use a solar panel for charging so no wires at all mine is 500ft from the house and works great.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #45  
Try Reolink been very happy with them you can use via Wifi or you can get the cell option as well. I have the Wifi and they use a solar panel for charging so no wires at all mine is 500ft from the house and works great.
Reolink Cameras do look very good. I think most of the storage of recording is on a card. Is your Reolink a cellular camera or is it still dependent on wifi. 500 ft is a long distance.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #46  
I have a card in mine and can download if needed but I just leave it go and when the card is full it overwrites the oldest saved info with new so no need to erase the card. Mine is Wifi only.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations
An update to my post. I purchased a Dakota alert 4000 series driveway alert. My choices were between the inductive sensor or the rubber hose sensor. The post by Repete: "...It also senses the magnetic field created by lighting miles away...." helped make the choice. I got the rubber hose transmitter. After a month, I'm pleased. There's no false alarm, which was the bane of the previous alerts. Only down side is the obvious rubber hose across the driveway. Some people don't even notice the hose, although a person bent on evil would be alert to potential alarms. My gravel drive doesn't seem to damage the hose with my traffic volume. I'm pleased with the Dakota alert system.

Last edited:
   / Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #48  
HI: Hosspuller.et off on a different story. This is where I found you. I have a Mahindra 4500 2wd, I just had issues with my power steering fluid overheating. My tractor has been jacked up off the front wheels the past two months. The over heating was a bad seal in the front wheel cylinder. I was able to turn the steering wheel and the front wheels would turn left and right, even when the power steering fluid was running hot. Now I have corrected the over heating power steering fluid, when I took the front wheel cylinder to the shop and the shop replaced the seals in the cylinder. Now after reinstalling the cylinder, my left tire wheel can move from left to right. but the right wheel appear to be locked/froze, will not turn left or right. But you can turn the right wheel round and round. Took off the cylinder, and I can move the left wheel left and right manually. But again the right wheel will not let me turn it left or right manually. It appear my right wheel HUB is froze of locked. Could the problem be in the right HUB spindle housing?? Do I need to break down, knock out the right wheel spindle. Can I do this job myself?? I can see that I WILL NNED TO REMOVE THE BOLT AND NUT JUST BELOW THE LARGE cASTLE NUT and also remove the castle nut pin and large castle bolt on TOP OF THE spindle. Do I need to knock it out with a sledge hammer?? Can I myself do that??? Thing I have already done on my tractor..1. removed the gas tank. 2 removed the stump jumper. 3 removed the front wheel cylinder. 4 replaced the seal at the back of the tractor, where the tractor turn the bush hall. Are there any pictures or steps on how to replaced the Front wheel HUB repair kit???
Driveway is limestone and have replaced the hose 1 time.

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #49  
I wanted to get wired Ethernet net out to my shop which is about 200' from the house so that I could put some POE cameras on it. Wifi is very, very marginal at that distance. I went with a Netgear powerline product to get on and off the 220V electrical service I already had to the shop (rides on the power). I get around 140 Mbps Ethernet over the link and now have 4 POE cameras out there, two 5MP and two 3 MP

/ Wireless Driveway alert or alarm recommendations #50  
I wanted to get wired Ethernet net out to my shop which is about 200' from the house so that I could put some POE cameras on it. Wifi is very, very marginal at that distance. I went with a Netgear powerline product to get on and off the 220V electrical service I already had to the shop (rides on the power). I get around 140 Mbps Ethernet over the link and now have 4 POE cameras out there, two 5MP and two 3 MP
140 mbps sounds good. But I suspect that is your download speed. What is your upload speed. That is what holds most camera work up.