Not a good time to buy a car

/ Not a good time to buy a car #41  
I can take my F250 to the Ford dealer who lets me supply my own oil and filter and only charges me $25.00 labor. And the includes tire rotation.
Thank you for your service and sacrifice jayhawk238

/ Not a good time to buy a car #42  
Thank you for your service and sacrifice jayhawk238
Thank you Hay Dude. Was a looooooong time ago. Over 50 years but I proudly served my Country. Came home with one arm, a screwed up back and bullet wounds in both legs. But I do not regret doing what I did and if I had to do over again I would in a heartbeat. Love my country. We will be great again if we ca survive the next three years.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #43  
Thank you Hay Dude. Was a looooooong time ago. Over 50 years but I proudly served my Country. Came home with one arm, a screwed up back and bullet wounds in both legs. But I do not regret doing what I did and if I had to do over again I would in a heartbeat. Love my country. We will be great again if we ca survive the next three years.
My God…..Those are some incredibly debilitating injuries. Thanks for sharing. Your sacrifice was not in vain. There’s millions of us out there who support you and others who gave so much.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #44  
I'm a Toyota guy, at 160 K on my second Tacoma, 225 K on my last one. I started thinking about a new truck and a bight red one on the lot sucked me right in for a look--and it was "lightly used" not new. Price was rediculous. Nothing new on the lot...nor anywhere else. Everything new is now by order, at least from that dealer. All are 7-12 weeks out, but custom ordered and never driven when you get them.

I guess I'll figure on putting some money into this one--as needed--and just keep driving it iright nto the ground.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #45  
I'm a Toyota guy, at 160 K on my second Tacoma, 225 K on my last one. I started thinking about a new truck and a bight red one on the lot sucked me right in for a look--and it was "lightly used" not new. Price was rediculous. Nothing new on the lot...nor anywhere else. Everything new is now by order, at least from that dealer. All are 7-12 weeks out, but custom ordered and never driven when you get them.

I guess I'll figure on putting some money into this one--as needed--and just keep driving it iright nto the ground.
160K?! That is just getting broken in!

/ Not a good time to buy a car #46  
Cars.com or Autotrader are where I go when looking for a different vehicle. it's worth the drive to save some cash and make sure you talk to the person selling and ask alot of questions before the drive. I would never buy new unless I had so much cash I didn't know what to do with it. Always used. New vehicle prices are for suckers, 60-80K for a standard cab long box diesel 3/4-1 ton is just dumb.

$80k here for a new F150 Lariat.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #47  
Last September or so I traded my 17 F350 Platinum with 23K miles on it and got 69500.00 for it..I think I paid 73k for it new.. Got a 2021 F450 Limited "used with 1K miles on it for 95K..so a net my truck and 26K for the 450. I was just today offered 115K for my 450..guy has cash and wants the truck..I said no. I also have a 19 F150 xlt sport extra cab 4x4 with the 3.5 EB motor..truck has 22/23k in it..Lease is up in a few months and the buy out is like 31K...Im thinking its worth buying that back from Ford .

Absolutely. That’s what I did with my 2016 when the 2 yr. Lease was up in 2018. Same price, too! (But Canadian dollars.)

Never regretted it. And I may very well drive this truck into the ground.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #48  
$80k here for a new F150 Lariat.
You could buy a small fleet of used, but good running trucks and start a business with 80k!

/ Not a good time to buy a car #49  
Late last year, it was time for a newer truck, listed my 06 K1500 with 240k miles on it that had no rot but was tired, for $5800 ($800 more than I paid for it 3 years ago).

Well ****, now I needed a truck. Was able to pick up an ‘18 F250. Probably at a $6k premium. Only saving grace is it belongs to my business, so write off available.

Used truck prices are absurd right now, if I could have waited I would have ordered new and spent about the same money.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #50  
What’s the point of using high dollar synthetic if your going to change the oil every 5000 miles. I also started using the computer to tell me when to change it, I let it get down to about 10% to 20% and change it. I also don’t go past about 12 months.

New vs used. I’ve done both, sometimes lightly used cost nearly new prices.
Wow, you guys are good to your cars.. Mine was lucky to get a oil change every 12 years..I'm getting better...