Bush hogging is best without front loaders on

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #62  
Since we're talking about poison ivy, the best way to get it off if you know you've got it on you is to use gel hand sanitizer composed of alcohol. That will disolve and remove the greasy urushiol. Trust me. This is not well known it seems, but it works better than anything else I've tried.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #63  
I see it sometimes at Rural King.
I use to use it, it came in the round tube looking cardboard cans. BUT, it's hard to get around here now. The last store that carried it, went under years ago...

SR

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #64  
Dawn dish soap (or any dish detergent) and a cotton wash cloth with warm water. Lightly scrub all possible ivy exposed/infected areas and rise well. That was described on this site a year or so ago, with a link to a video. I tried it since I'm in ivy occasionally and react very bad to it. I've tried everything, and some of the ivy cleansers work well, but dish soap /wash cloth / warm water has not failed me for a couple years now. If I miss an area, I scrub it the next day when it starts to react with blisters.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #65  
The funny thing is, on my farm I ended up getting rid of all the poison ivy I had...because I had sheep.

Poison Ivy is a sheep's favorite food. They will mob graze it out of existence. Because of their greasy wool, it does not get on them and bother them, and sheep prefer weeds anyway.

But then, instead of dealing with plosion ivy, you have to deal with all the sheep farming jokes! (LOL)

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #66  
I mow with my FEL grapple on also, good counter weight and it’s mostly see through. Handy for moving non mowable stuff out of the way quickly.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #67  
Many say they bush hog with their front loaders on. Sometimes they will use the bucket to push brush down in front of the tractor as they cut.

The first time with my new 1626, I bush hogged half of my 10 acre field where the brush was about 4' tall, I left the front bucket on. It was just getting dark and I cut into the night. After dark I could see a lot of dust and dirty air rolling over the bucket into the front grill of the tractor. The next morning I looked under the hood and the engine was covered in pollen and dust. The air filter was also really dirty and filled with dust. I cleaned the entire tractor up including the air filter.
I then remove the front loader bucket and frame. I went out and cut the other half of the same 10 acre field. When I was finished, I could plainly see that the tractor had very little dust on the outside of it and under the hood, the engine was still clean. I looked at the air filter and it was completely clean.
After bush hogging for 35 years with old 8Ns with no front loaders on them and seeing how much dust and pollen is kicked up by having the front loader on a tractor, I'd say for sure it's better not to cut with the front bucket on. I guess one could raise it up high enough to keep the bucket out of the weeds, but who needs the weight up that high. The 1526/1626 handles the 5' Mahindra bush hog just fine and certainly doesn't need the added weight up front.
Just my experience.......
If the bucket is causing the issuer you, why not just drop the bucket instead of removing the entire loader?

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #68  
Maybe dew was on the next morning.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #69  
Unless I'm using the loader or forks I never have the loader on my tractor. I can't imagine running the bush hog with the loader on. It's so easy to remove there's no reason to leave it on anyway.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #70  
Unless I'm using the loader or forks I never have the loader on my tractor. I can't imagine running the bush hog with the loader on. It's so easy to remove there's no reason to leave it on anyway.

Same here. The tractor is just so much more nimble and easy to maneuver around without the loader getting in the way, plus there is no need to carry a loader around if I'm not using it at all. Saves on the front axle bearings and tires.