Toddler drowns in post hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Toddler drowns in post hole. #11  
I realize the same people who ask questions like "my tractor refuses to start,please tell me why" and "the battery on my tractor lost power,why?" also believe they can be warned of all dangers that can harm toddlers but they are foolish on both counts. If you think I'm calus and abrupt,you are lucky not being this neighbor. A retired couple bought a farm near me and as i was passing one day Grandpaw was giving his grandkids a ride while brush hogging. I stopped him and told him if he didn't kill that tractor and walk those kids to the house,I was going to do it for him and if I ever saw kids on the tractor agin while towing the mower I would call CPS and county sheriff.
My parents came back from a MC ride when we were kids talking about some guy who let his kids ride on the mowing deck while he was bush hogging.

Just because somebody can't be warned of all of the dangers doesn't mean they can't post them. Nobody is forcing you to read them.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #12  
By discussing it, people become aware of it who might not have been aware before.

I never gave a thought to leaving a bucket of soapy water sitting around after I washed my car. None of us did....

Until I saw the story about the child drowning in a bucket. I had kids of my own at the time.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #14  
I realize the same people who ask questions like "my tractor refuses to start,please tell me why" and "the battery on my tractor lost power,why?" also believe they can be warned of all dangers that can harm toddlers but they are foolish on both counts. If you think I'm calus and abrupt,you are lucky not being this neighbor. A retired couple bought a farm near me and as i was passing one day Grandpaw was giving his grandkids a ride while brush hogging. I stopped him and told him if he didn't kill that tractor and walk those kids to the house,I was going to do it for him and if I ever saw kids on the tractor agin while towing the mower I would call CPS and county sheriff.
I don't have any idea of what size or type of tractor was being used or how safe or unsafe it was.

But I will say this IF ANYONE came on my place and "told him if he didn't kill that tractor and walk those kids to the house,I was going to do it for him and if I ever saw kids on the tractor agin while towing the mower I would call CPS and county sheriff" he would have a better reason to call the sheriff threatening me and my property after he got his carcass off my place.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #15  
I don't have any idea of what size or type of tractor was being used or how safe or unsafe it was.

But I will say this IF ANYONE came on my place and "told him if he didn't kill that tractor and walk those kids to the house,I was going to do it for him and if I ever saw kids on the tractor agin while towing the mower I would call CPS and county sheriff" he would have a better reason to call the sheriff threatening me and my property after he got his carcass off my place.

Can you safely operate a bush hog with children riding on a tractor?

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #16  
Well, todays parents aren't looking after their children. They are "fire and forget", give em your car keys or smartphone and let them roam.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #17  
Can you safely operate a bush hog with children riding on a tractor?
I am not saying it is a good idea,
but yes I can, once I close that cab door we are good to go.

But what I am saying is that if you wish to try and correct someone because YOU think it's unsafe just be aware
that you may want to word your ADVISE in a polite manner,
otherwise what ever response you get is your fault.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #18  
I saw some guy mowing with a bush hog and two of his kids were riding on the bush hogs. I thought it was incredibly stupid and dangerous, but I didn't call CPS. Actually it might be just as dangerous to be on the ground walking around near a operating bush hog. Once I put a very nasty gash in the side of one of our cows with a stick that was launched by a bush hog.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #19  
I might mention one of the reasons I didn't call CPS; My wife had a job that dealt closely with CPS for years. We know first hand that it is anything but a Saintly organization. Their bureaucratic methods can screw up a families life as often as they help them.

/ Toddler drowns in post hole. #20  
I saw some guy mowing with a bush hog and two of his kids were riding on the bush hogs. I thought it was incredibly stupid and dangerous, but I didn't call CPS. Actually it might be just as dangerous to be on the ground walking around near a operating bush hog. Once I put a very nasty gash in the side of one of our cows with a stick that was launched by a bush hog.
I've mentioned the same a couple of times here... see my comment of a few days ago. I never thought there would be two people in the world who were both that STUPID though... and on both sides of the continent.

To be clear ,when I say stupid I am referring to the tractor operators who mow with their kids on the bushhog.

Status
Not open for further replies.