Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #311  
we have a creek, that's pretty cool
we also have a resident Bear, and the bear cave
beaver dams, downed trees, and of course the Beavers
pack of Coyotes on the edge of the property - in a thick of trees
about 10 years ago, some 8-9 Turkey Vultures packed the trees ... they haven't been here lately
and then there is Herold the Heron (or whatever) ... bit of a jerk really, used to hang out in the Summers (2017-2021) with the chickens, and he had an interest specifically in my classic car ... 1979 Chevy El Camino Super Sport "Royal Knight" (very rare)
1649492307813.png
1649492363637.png
1649492543551.png
1649492413201.png

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #312  
Albino deer

We have a population of white moose in our area (few hours away from me) they are not albino but leucism (an abnormal condition of reduced pigmentation) the government actually protected this population in one zone where they are the most common and the population is growing. On the left of the highway they are fair game but protected on the right side of the highway since they are viewed as an ''spirit animal'' by the first nation ... so what that being said if someone kill one even if it is legal in the none protected zone don't post the picture on social media to avoid backlash.

1649494679836.png

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #313  
about 10 years ago, some 8-9 Turkey Vultures packed the trees ... they haven't been here lately
and then there is Herold the Heron (or whatever) ... bit of a jerk really, used to hang out in the Summers (2017-2021) with the chickens, and he had an interest specifically in my classic car ... 1979 Chevy El Camino Super Sport "Royal Knight" (very rare)

always wanted a EL Camino they are so cool

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #314  
M first vehicle was a 1967 El Camino. I wasn't that impressed with it.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #315  
Kinda turned into a truck discussion thread?
Don't worry, it will morph again into a discussion about bears, or airplanes, or...

I'm waiting to hear somebody say they've found the "White Lady", the French biplane which tried to fly across the Atlantic a few weeks before Lindberg's successful flight. A lot of people believe that it's out in the Maine woods someplace.
Never have understood why with the new manual trannies reverse gear is so high. Even my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, manual tranny, will easily run 30 mph in reverse. WHY??? Reverse should be a creeper gear!
They watched too many action movies, where the hero has to back up at 100 mph to evade getting captured.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #316  
We have a population of white moose in our area (few hours away from me) they are not albino but leucism (an abnormal condition of reduced pigmentation) the government actually protected this population in one zone where they are the most common and the population is growing. On the left of the highway they are fair game but protected on the right side of the highway since they are viewed as an ''spirit animal'' by the first nation ... so what that being said if someone kill one even if it is legal in the none protected zone don't post the picture on social media to avoid backlash.

View attachment 741008
Very cool ! I’ve noticed the other day there are two of them now . The bad part is people freak out and stop there car in the middle of the road to take pictures lol ! I could never shoot one to many of the brown variety out there …..

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #317  
^ Love this!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #318  
M first vehicle was a 1967 El Camino. I wasn't that impressed with it.
There were about 8 engine options for that year. What did your's have?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #319  
Returning to things found when I bought my place 42 years ago there were old sheds here. One was full of stick furniture. Original owner lived here 1930s-late 70s. My mother worked at an antique shop and owner paid me for it...about 10 pieces in all.
A few days later at parents house was $150 on counter. Mom said a couple passing through from Connecticut saw it and paid a lot for it, and owner paid me extra money.
The attic was full of stuff, some still there, one I wished I kept was a blue man's shirt, very rough material. A prison shirt with 5 digit number stamped on it with black ink.
I need to metal detect again at the home place. The little bit I did I found silverware where there was a slave cabin, a brass steam whistle, small metal gavel with loop on it (for watch chain?), my Dad's wedding ring he lost (he was elated...a few years before he passed & buried with it. Married 70 years).
2022_04_09_11.26.15.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #320  
There were about 8 engine options for that year. What did your's have?
Man, that was a long time ago. I think it was a 327. It was rough when I got it around 75 and I didn't have it long.