Foton 254

/ Foton 254 #1  

Big Randy

Tractor
2012 Foton 254
I’m having trouble finding the lever to disengage the PTO. It’s a 2012 model 4x4. The seller bought it new and wasn’t able to locate the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Foton 254 #2  
It is probably down low on the right side of the transmission near your right foot. It moves up and down. Down is engaged, up is free. It does not move very far. I don't have pictured to post but can take one if needed.
Also you might look at the online parts catalog for your tractor. You can find these at dealers like Affordable Tractor or Circle G Tractor.

Last edited:
   / Foton 254 #3  
Should have a label on it 540/1000 or 720 depending . Middle being neutral or disengaged. Some may have a separate lever for disengaging .

/ Foton 254 #4  

Here's a thread someone just did one

/ Foton 254
Oops sorry wrong thread
That’s quite alright. I haven’t found where it disengages yet. I’ll try to look again today. Thanks for everyone’s help.

/ Foton 254 #7  
For some reason there aren't any diagrams for the Foton on the Circle G site. However taking a leap of faith that it is the same as the Jinma 254 you can find diagrams for that. If you look under Drive Gearbox there are two images. The main engage lever is shown on the first image and the two speed selector is on the second image.
At one time the two speed (540/1000 RPM) was an option so your tractor may not have that lever if it only has a single speed PTO. The speed select lever does have a neutral position but that does NOT disengage the main PTO shaft that is driven by the clutch (2nd stage if you have that).
IF the clutch is out of adjustment you may have trouble getting the PTO to engage without grinding the gears a little but you should always be able to dis-engage just by pulling on the lever.
I'll try to get some photos of my Jinma 284 and get them posted later today.

/ Foton 254
Thank you very much sir! My tractor does have 540/1000 selector.

/ Foton 254 #9  
Ha! There was a picture in my files that actually shows a better view than taking a new one.
The red circle is the main PTO engage lever and the yellow circle is the speed select lever

Attachments

• PTO_Levers.jpg
    PTO_Levers.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 109
   / Foton 254
Ha! There was a picture in my files that actually shows a better view than taking a new one.
The red circle is the main PTO engage lever and the yellow circle is the speed select lever
I have a rod sticking up through the floorboard on the right side. I thought it was differential but I may be mistaken. I’ll check it out in the morning. Thank you very much sir!