Foton 254

/ Foton 254 #11  
On my 2006 504 it's a chrome lever on the forward side of the left rear fender well.
In other words, left of the driver. Push more or less up and down. Low is 540 rpm. Can't remember if it's labeled 540/1000 but I think it is.
Hard to find diagrams for these things. I have a bunch but you have to read between the lines for everything.
My experience so far, there's not much similar to a Jinma. I had a wiring problem I was chasing and someone
provided me a jinma diagram but not the same at all.

/ Foton 254 #12  
I have a rod sticking up through the floorboard on the right side. I thought it was differential but I may be mistaken. I’ll check it out in the morning. Thank you very much sir!
I have seen a t-handle rod sticking up on both right and left side floor but it was in an 85hp.
Mine has an unlabeled t-handle at my left heel which I eventually found out was to engage 4wd.
A small pedal at my right heels is for temporary diff lock.
Hope I'm helping and not just yammering.

/ Foton 254
On my 2006 504 it's a chrome lever on the forward side of the left rear fender well.
In other words, left of the driver. Push more or less up and down. Low is 540 rpm. Can't remember if it's labeled 540/1000 but I think it is.
Hard to find diagrams for these things. I have a bunch but you have to read between the lines for everything.
My experience so far, there's not much similar to a Jinma. I had a wiring problem I was chasing and someone
provided me a jinma diagram but not the same at all.
My 254 had a lever on left of seat. It is the 540/1000 selector. I can’t find anything that shuts the pto off. My neighbor says it may be live, idk.

/ Foton 254 #14  
By can't shut it off do you men the pto shaft turns when there are no implements attached?
The stub shaft always turns on mine and I never worried about it, but I suspect if I had a safe way to hold it, while disengaged,
I could stop it from turning.
I've never got out and checked with an implement on, but the few inches of drive chain I can see on my snow blower stops with
the pto off, but again, the stub shaft turns with no implement.

/ Foton 254
By can't shut it off do you men the pto shaft turns when there are no implements attached?
The stub shaft always turns on mine and I never worried about it, but I suspect if I had a safe way to hold it, while disengaged,
I could stop it from turning.
I've never got out and checked with an implement on, but the few inches of drive chain I can see on my snow blower stops with
the pto off, but again, the stub shaft turns with no implement.
It does turn with no implement. Maybe this is the way it’s supposed to be. Thank you sir

/ Foton 254 #16  
My theory is there is just enough drag through the clutch/gears that it turns a bit.
I guess one of us could jam a stick beside the pto output shaft and see if anything still turns??