Bush Hog

/ Bush Hog #51  
That's why I bought a real branded Bush Hog (a Squealer). I didn't want to be going around calling things by the wrong name. It's like my late friend who was married four times. He made sure all his wives were named "Pat" so he couldn't make a possibly fatal mistake.

/ Bush Hog #52  
I'm from up north, but I my wife tells of her Arkansas college roommate who asked her to grab a carbonated beverage from the fridge:
"Can you grab me a coke? I'd like a root beer."

/ Bush Hog #53  
Bush Hog is out!

How about:

Brush Hog
rotary mower
rotary cutter
shredder
rough cut mower
pasture mower
field mower
pasture cutter
hay cutter

I am sure there are more.
You forgot “the spinny thing behind the tractor that is guaranteed to hit a rock and fling it at my shin if I’m anywhere close by”.

/ Bush Hog #54  
If it does the job for me, im not picky about its name. Most know the reference when talking regardless of specific name. Occasionally l do the samething with certain products. Bobcat, skidsteer....

/ Bush Hog #55  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
What do you call:

Xerox
Kleenex
Bubble wrap
Jet Ski
Crock-Pot
Seeing Eye Dog (yes technically a brand name otherwise they are guide dogs)

And many many more.....

/ Bush Hog #56  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
Only a term if you like you can call them brush hogs, this is a pretty stupid issue.

/ Bush Hog #57  
I have a headache, does anyone have an aspirin?

Interestingly, at least in the US and many of the "Allied powers" countries, after WWI Bayer was forced to give up the trademark for Asprin as part of the treaties ending the war.

/ Bush Hog #58  
I wish I had time to worry about my LandPriide Bushhog

/ Bush Hog #59  
Curious, do you call any brand of gelatin "Jello", or any of the other names that are currently known as "brand names" something else? Think you are being too picky, but hey, you do have a point.

/ Bush Hog #60  
I support my tractor habit by marketing software. The ultimate goal of every marketer is to have your brand name become the name everyone uses for competitor's products as well as yours, because then every search for the product, including those for the competition, leads to your front door.

The Bush Hog company is loving this!