USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #21  
Once you have a hydraulic top link it would be pretty easy to turn basically any pin-on loader bucket into a dumping rear bucket. Most FELs have the loader arms much wider than typical cat1 3pt arms. As long as you don't need to leave that area clear because of an SSQA-related situation you can weld 3pt bracketry on the back of a bucket and as long as your lateral 'brace' in your loader arms isn't that close to the bottom the new brackets probably wouldn't even interfere with anything if you put the bucket back on the FEL. Heck, if the bucket went back on the FEL the top link bracket would make a pretty good lifting point on the center rear of bucket.

Normal top link attachment geometry wouldn't let you 'dump' a bucket even with a hydraulic top link, but.. once you have a hydraulic top link you could simply move that attachment point down closer to the draw pins to exaggerate that movement and still be able to make it do 'normal' 3pt stuff too. It wouldn't be 'self leveling' anymore, but neither are most FELs and we get by, eh. I dont think you'd need a lot of 'breakout force' using the bucket back there and it would also require most buckets to be seriously reinforced for a center curl cylinder anyway if you tried to put the beans to it. I think good enough is good enough, as long as you can get it a little below flat when backing into stuff, and get it to dump whatever you put in it.

Maybe i should just try it..

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #22  
SPLIT-FIRE Three Point Hitch mounted SUBSTITUTE for the tractor Front End Loader:

The 60” Split-fire fully kitted out with tail gate, tool racks and trailer hitch is about the same price in CAD as the Bigtoolrack is in USD. Bigtoolrack is only rated for 600lb and it looks like it’s all I’d want to put in it. I spoke to the Split-fire folks and they admitted the 1000lb rating they publish is more about safety because people put these on small tractors. If your tractor is up to the task, the box will handle more.

For me, the idea of backing a dump trailer down switchbacks to haul gravel for my trail is not appealing, this seems like a great solution for hauling the loads I need. I also think it will be easier to drop the box off the quick hitch than disconnecting a trailer so you can load with the same tractor. My FEL is about 6.5ft3 so adding 20ft3 on the back gives me 4 times the volume per trip, really adding up when traveling 1000ft down hill.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #23  
The 60” Split-fire fully kitted out with tail gate, tool racks and trailer hitch is about the same price in CAD as the Bigtoolrack is in USD. Bigtoolrack is only rated for 600lb and it looks like it’s all I’d want to put in it. I spoke to the Split-fire folks and they admitted the 1000lb rating they publish is more about safety because people put these on small tractors. If your tractor is up to the task, the box will handle more.

For me, the idea of backing a dump trailer down switchbacks to haul gravel for my trail is not appealing, this seems like a great solution for hauling the loads I need. I also think it will be easier to drop the box off the quick hitch than disconnecting a trailer so you can load with the same tractor. My FEL is about 6.5ft3 so adding 20ft3 on the back gives me 4 times the volume per trip, really adding up when traveling 1000ft down hill.

There was a local marina that had an old 8N they used around their lot for moving trailers. The ball hitch was mounted on the front of the tractor instead of behind. The owner said that way, you can see the load better AND it steers the trailer more responsively. 40 years later, I considered mounting a ball where the grill guard mounts.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #24  
There was a local marina that had an old 8N they used around their lot for moving trailers. The ball hitch was mounted on the front of the tractor instead of behind. The owner said that way, you can see the load better AND it steers the trailer more responsively. 40 years later, I considered mounting a ball where the grill guard mounts.

For sure. I considered this while shopping for an ATV dump trailer that can handle 2000lb. There are still some logistics to sort out though, a hitch on the FEL interferes with loading the trailer so I was looking at the option of a hitch on my pallet forks. This still means I have to place the trailer, get off and drop the pallet fork attachment, get back on tractor and drive into the FEL bucket, get off again to secure bucket…. Essentially every load would require getting off the tractor 4 times at the pile, still drive more carefully than you would without a trailer, get off the tractor a 5th time to dump the trailer plus loose the 6.5ft3 the FEL would have held were I not pushing a trailer.

A smaller tractor a trailer is probably the only practical solution to move the weight in any quantity, but that’s why I bought Bobcat instead of orange or green because I got 1000lb more tractor for the money and a strong 3PH for a compact tractor.

The decision gets easier when the trailers ive looked at are sold out or increased in price to the point of being $1000 more than the Split-fire which can be delivered in 8 weeks

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #25  
Funny thing is..... I was sitting at a high mountain recreational lake boat ramp and watching boat ramp... I was amazing to watch people with extended tongues on their trailers and FRONT of tow vehicle mount hitches.... So much maneuvering to get boat into and out of water.... There is really something to this....

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #26  
I'm all about front hitches for difficult trailer maneuvering, BUT.. definitely don't want to do it downhill (like a boat ramp) unless you have 4wd as the front tongue weight unloads the rear tires. Same problem (albeit lesser extent) as trying to back a 2wd FEL tractor uphill with something in the bucket.

So basically, 4wd everything. 😁

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #27  
“Please do NOT post SPECULATION on how one or the other might work.”

OK. Good luck with that. 😆

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #29  
I like that well enough. I decided i am going to convert a riding mower dump cart into a 3pt attachment like that, since it turns out i never use it with the riding mower because.. i am always riding the tractor around! 😁

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #30  
I like that well enough. I decided i am going to convert a riding mower dump cart into a 3pt attachment like that,
I put a riding mower dump cart on the forks:
P4092121.JPG

It is a good dump truck:
P4092120.JPG

Handy for brush:
P4032114m.jpg