Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d?

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #1  

letthegoodpinesroll

Tractor
Branson
I was about to order a Yanmar TY359C ($52K) and stopped by my local tractor store and saw this 5080d. It was about $5000 more but it is a 75Hp tractor vs. a 59hp in the Yanmar and comes with a lot of higher-end features. I could really use the larger tractor but I can't really find my chatter about it. Seems like a very legit unit and a lot more tractor for this price range (2022 DEUTZ FAHR 5080D for $55K). I am in Idaho, have 82 acres of hills, granite and a lot of trees. I will be doing a ton of roadwork, including cutting some new ones, a lot of cutting/carrying trees and snowplow/snowblower on some fairly steep roads in the winter, we get about 4 to 5 feet per year.

I appreciate any thoughts, this is a huge decision and I just want to get it right.

https://deutz-fahramerica.com/tractors/5d-keyline/

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 401
   / Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #2  
Nice looking tractors and I've seen a few around, I don't have a clue about parts and service availability.

I've seen a lot more Fendt's lately. Nice looking machines, I've seen them advertised with 3 year no down time guarantee warranties

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #3  
I'm only aware of them (Deutz) re entering the US market very recently (2 years?). They're good tractor's and have been at it for a long time. I don't think you'll regret having a heavier tractor with more HP. That said, Yanmar makes fine tractors and compact construction equipment as well and also has pulled in and out of the market over the years.
I'd have a conversation with the dealership over this matter.
An uneducated guess is it's very difficult setting up a dealer network, especially theses days with the evolution and manufacturers encouragement of the mega dealerships gobbling up the smaller dealers.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #4  
Fendt is the best quality tractor built in the world. They are an AGCO brand. Bought the entire tractor company in the late 90’s. Fendt’s technology was then shared with Massey Ferguson & Challenger, also AGCO brands. I am switching mostly to their brands.
Fendt tractors are equipped with MANN and DEUTZ engines. Deutz is a very old & trusted tractor brand. I would have no hesitation buying one. It will be very high quality.
If Fendt uses Deutz engines, you can trust them. I took over farming from an old farmer who recently passed. he had a deutz tractor and loved it.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #5  
Does Deutz still use air cooled diesel or have they switched to water cooled. My uncle had two air cooled models in 70’s & 80’s both very good tractors. I think one of them had oil pan heater for cold weather starts. He rarely had issue with not starting even when temp was well below zero.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #6  
Yanmar great products , but for some extra if dealer near with part support etcI like the Duetz F 5080D . Closer to 80 hp. I would think they still using air cooled technology which would be good for that cooler Idaho climate . No Def on those also I believe.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #7  
I see a lot of Deutz tractors in central PA. They look like a really decent machine. For 5k more, you get a lot more tractor for your money so that would weigh really heavily on me if I were making the decision. Things to consider: warranty, dealer service department capabilities and reputation, German engineering vs Asian engineering. I don't know if tractor engineering logic follows automotive engineering logic, but I love German vehicles. Have owned a lot of VW's and Audi's. But I also had to learn to work on them, buy special tools (triple square sockets, VAGCOM, etc), and tinker with the "superior" German electrical systems. I still love them for all of their idiosyncrasies, and yet, all my vehicles at the moment are Asian - Mitsubishi, Kia, and Nissan - all of them seem more robust and have required less "tinkering" than all of my German vehicles......this is cars though, I don't know what the reputation of Deutz or really even modern Yanmars (I own a 1980's 226d). With all that said, I think if it were my decision though, I'd be going for the Deutz.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d? #8  
I'd stick with the Yanmar.
More circulating, lesser impact of whatever direction the European economy ventures to and better dealer support mechanisms. 60" of snow per year is not excessive but it depends how you remove the snow.
Plowing-weight is king and you can weigh down the Yanmar pretty well with ballast, chains, etc. enough to move the amount of snow you get
blowing-hp is king.
Either tractor will do the rest of your jobs.
Depends how quickly you wish to get them done.

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d?
Does Deutz still use air cooled diesel or have they switched to water cooled. My uncle had two air cooled models in 70’s & 80’s both very good tractors. I think one of them had oil pan heater for cold weather starts. He rarely had issue with not starting even when temp was well below zero.
This is water-cooled, thanks!

/ Why isn't anyone talking about the Deutz Fahr 5080d?
Fendt is the best quality tractor built in the world. They are an AGCO brand. Bought the entire tractor company in the late 90’s. Fendt’s technology was then shared with Massey Ferguson & Challenger, also AGCO brands. I am switching mostly to their brands.
Fendt tractors are equipped with MANN and DEUTZ engines. Deutz is a very old & trusted tractor brand. I would have no hesitation buying one. It will be very high quality.
If Fendt uses Deutz engines, you can trust them. I took over farming from an old farmer who recently passed. he had a deutz tractor and loved it.
I don't have a a Fendt dealer/service in my area and the $55k price point is likely below what a Fendt costs for a 75hp unit. Thanks though.