Wife's truck making noise.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
I don't drive my wife's truck much but used it yesterday to go to my dad's to cut up an oak tree that was down.

Drove good but dang, something was wrong coming from the bed area.

Got home and found a broken leaf spring.
Asked her about the noise and she said she just got used to it and I'm sure just turned the radio up.
For 25 years I've been telling her she has to tell me when something isn't right.

Frustrating.

IMG_20220513_144804.jpg
IMG_20220513_144724.jpg

/ Wife's truck making noise. #2  
Broken leafs not the worst, it's when the remaining end of it goes into the side of a tire that sucks............Mike

/ Wife's truck making noise.
Yeah, could have been much worse

/ Wife's truck making noise. #4  
Easy fix of all the damage it could have cause.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #5  
Wife had a 2013 Taurus that came with 20" low profile tires.....and a tpms

i didn't drive it much, but would just kind of look it over as I was getting into my car.

Rear tire looked a little "squished", but not too much. Checked the air - 9 psi. Found a stick in the tread.

Asked her if the tire pressure light was on - "yes - it's been on for awhile".......

/ Wife's truck making noise. #6  
wife calls me from another city complaining that the truck was overheating, being a guy i make the mistake of asking diagnostic questions over the phone (I know better, really!).
so conversation goes something like this:
(me) so what was the truck doing?
(wife) i already told you, you never listen to me!
(me) yes i understand but what exactly was the truck doing that made you think that it was overheating?
(wife) you never believe me, it stopped going and there was steam comming out from the hood and tires.
(me) was the engine still running.
(wife) no I turned it off.
(me) and what did you do then?
(wife) i took the bottled water i had in the truck and poured in on the engine. then i started the engine and it still would not go.
(me) wait the engine would start but the truck would not move with the engine running? was the engine making strange noises?
(wife) no
(me) was the temp gage showing high temps?
(wife) I don't know, why won't you listen to me, it is overheating are you going to come up here and fixe it or not?
(me) you are 200 miles away and I'm at work right now. did you call AAA?
(wife) yes but they took to long, the truck cooled off and i drove it to our rent house. the truck barely made it here it was overheating again.
(me) ok so what exactly was it doing as you drove to the rent house?
(wife) I already told you it was overheating, why don't you ever listen to me?
(me) yes dear but please tell me exactly what the truck was doing.
(wife) well as i drove it was going slower and slower and smoke was comming out from under the front end.
(me) the engine did not quit or make strange sounds? was water comming out of the radiator?
(wife) no.
(me) ok i will drive down after work.

I get there and the brake booster had failed and was dragging the front breaks causing them to lockup, hence the not going and the smoke.

/ Wife's truck making noise. #7  
What does she haul with the truck?

/ Wife's truck making noise. #9  
   / Wife's truck making noise. #10  
My wife bought a new Mercedes SUV around 2013 or so, coming from a Toyota Landcruiser. She traveled quite a bit with it and it only had 40K miles on it. That thing was a POS from the start. Sensor problems, power steering going out, brakes, it was a nightmare. It had gobs of power and she like it so she put up with it. One day coming home from a conference she heard this loud banging like the engine blew. Luckily a coworker was following her home and she hooped in with her. She called me and told me to send a tow truck and haul it back to the dealer, she's getting rid of it. The dealer told me the engine was fine, the air compressor for the A/C went out, but she was over it.

She went back to a land cruiser and told me not to say...I told you so. I still did...