Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,901  
64F looks like spotty rain most of the day.

May is for mowing here. I mowed the yard here Monday. On Tuesday I mowed the farm lane. The wet spots were pretty wet. I was glad the Yanmar is 4wd. On Wednesday I mowed the lawn at the farm. Man is that grass growing. I hauled a lot of clippings to the compost pile. On Thursday I was working to clean up the edge of the fields. The farmer should be planting corn soon. Friday It rained early so I figured mother nature thought I needed a rest but the sun came out after noon. The grass is growing so fast That I could mow every 3 days. I prefer not to mow if the grass is wet but I decided to knock out the back yard while I could. Today IS a day of rest. Wait a minute Sunday is tomorrow.:censored:

It seems like a lot of the trucks on the road up to the farm were driving 60 maybe it has something to do with diesel being $6.25 per gallon locally.

My wife planted tomato seedlings yesterday. She also planted zucchini, bush beans and soy beans. We are eating lettuce and spinach from the garden.

Keep your eyes open Spring is going by in a flash.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #149,902  
@daugen - soak the grease spot with shampoo. I have had great luck lifting grease out of clothes using shampoo. Soak it good and repeat several times before washing

/ Good morning!!!! #149,904  
detergent, makes sense, thanks guys.
I will use straight Dawn first, if that doesn't work, I'll try WD40.
I was going to take these pants on my trip next week so no trip to dry cleaner, they take a week to turn around clothes.

I appreciate the suggestions, not wanting to ruin synthetic pants.
It's really amazing how many uses there are for WD40.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,905  
Good Morning!!!! 60F @ 5:15AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High near 90F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still no rain in the 10-day. Starting to sound like a broken record.

Thanks for pointing out the StarLink thread here on TBN. I haven't tried out any of the suggestions yet, but some of those fellas talk a good story.

At Tractor Supply yesterday, the 2.5 gallon jug of RM43 cost $175 plus 8.25% sales tax. I got my last jugs there for $130 each out the door in November of 2021. That's a 46% increase in only six months, way more than inflation, way more than the ridiculous increases in Diesel and gasoline, too. Amazon wants upwards of $200 for it, and they won't ship to my address.

That Kubota ignition switch cost me over $120 at the dealer yesterday. At that price I expected the gold in it to weigh more, but it looks to be all plastic.

Looks like aligatoritis cases are increasing out here, too, Don. But almost nobody, including me, was wearing a mask in town yesterday. I was still using hand sanitizer and wiping down my shopping cart, though.

I've had some luck getting grease out with Shout spot remover, Drew. I've even tried carb cleaner, but I don't think I'd use it on synthetics. WD40 may have many uses, but lubrication isn't one of them.

Thanks for sharing your experience on voltage vs. SOC, David. The contractor that installed my system had zero faith in SOC, mainly because it's a calculated value and can't be measured directly like voltage can. But as you point out, the voltage curve for the lithium chemistry batteries is so flat, basing system changes on voltage is something of a guessing game, too.

We have a new local brewery here called Farmers, and yesterday I found two new ones on the grocery store shelves. One is a pretty decent German bock, the other was flavored with nuts and other grains, and neither had much hops. Unfortunately, both were seasonal, and a buck and a half a can, a bit rich for my blood.

The latest candidate for a hiking boot arrived yesterday, and again it's too narrow, even though I ordered a wide size. I guess people in Asia all have narrow feet. I also guess I'm going to have to give up trying to buy shoes online if I want to get anything before the end of the year!

I didn't get any mowing in yesterday, but I did go around spraying lots of weeds with RM43. Ran out of time to get 'em all, though, so that job is still on the list. I'll start out this morning picking up sticks around the burn piles, then getting the old Bushog mounted up on the tractor. The authorities are saying not to use mowers after 10AM due to fire danger, so likely won't get much done today. But it'll be a start.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,906  
Congratulations to the son! I've got a couple of degrees from that fine institution.

Still support the athletic department. Hope he will also.
The Bobcat baseball team is having a good year.
My 2 aunts brought my mother red potatoes from their gardens in Lee County, Kyle are your potatoes getting close to harvest? I need to turn the irrigation in my garden to once a day to start drying out the ground so the dirt will not stick together.

The ranchers are really starting to complain about fertilizer prices. The cost has tripled and they are not getting anymore for their calves. This was a good week for making hay but the lack of rain has cut into the number of bales. Fuel prices are also on the rise again.
Don, I don't expect much from the potatoes. They were kind of a last minute thing, where we had large baking potatoes that had spudded, and the daughter just threw the whole things complete in the ground. I'm figuring that with such a large "food base" (not small wedge), that they'll just grow nice greenery, and not feel the need to procreate new spuds.

A buddy who produces hay told me he's not going to fertilize, unless he has a commitment from a rancher to pay the higher numbers. He said it's "like pulling teeth" to get the ranchers to pay even $5/bale higher prices. With fertilizer at near $1000/ton, putting down 300lbs/acre, on 7 acres (he says if he gets rain, he can get 23 bales). So doing the math, $1000 divided by 23 bales, = $43.47 per bale. He says no way they'll pay it. And so there will be less protein in the grass. The ranchers aren't getting the money charged for high price meat. They need to coop a packing facility. I was in our big grocery store a couple of weeks ago. I saw a large Wagyu brisket...I bent over to look at the price....$181 for a raw brisket....I almost fell over into the cooler.

Our onions are ready to dig up. We need rain. Zucchini is wilting so bad, I don't know if I can bring them back from their suffering.

Daughter's prom is today! I'm chauffeuring today. (I had to learn to spell that word my first semester English in college)... We have to somehow take pictures too.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,907  
2022-05-14, 0939

74 right now...high in the mid-80's and maybe T-storm this afternoon

Overslept this morning...woke up around 0100...couldn't get back to sleep for quite a while.
Missed the dump run this morning since I was dependent on my stepdaughter driving and she had to go to work early.
I'm getting tired of not driving...think I'll sneak a run in this coming week

/ Good morning!!!! #149,908  
64 high in 70s took wife south for late Mother’s Day

Prayers for all our country Ukraine

/ Good morning!!!! #149,909  
Good Morning.
It’s 65 and spitting rain. High of 70 and chance of rain and thunderstorms through tomorrow.

Yesterday was a potpourri of chores and tasks, mostly cleaning, organizing and tying up loose ends. Had a good time playing music, even had some visitors come and listen.

Today is another wild card, lots of choices, but no plans.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,910  
Morning all, well into the 60's and rain looks like it just won't leave. May need to dump more water from the pool.

Tonight off to the distillery for a private party by one of the owners.

Got 4 tomatoes and a pepper planted, finally. Cleaned up around the micro-garden. Rain slowed me down.

Gale - sorry to hear about Ted- seems like his last years were his best. Wish luck to your son on his interview.

Kyle - RIP copperhead - one way to get rid of them

It is possible that 3 year old RM43 is no longer working?
Sprayed a few areas 4 days ago and nothing!
Usually they would be brown and crinkly. Did 8oz to 2 gallons water.

Very wet out, but need to trim out that garlic mustard stuff before it seeds. Foot/leg getting better by the day, but still reminds me to be careful out there.

Stay safe and be well,

Before I cleaned up around the outside of the beds,
Garden20220513_165917.jpg