Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,261  
Had some time to work on my oak tree again. Slowly dismantling it then I take it to the splitter to split and stack.

Surgery...
IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_7485.JPG
IMG_7486.JPG

and filling my racks
IMG_6556.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,262  
Your work looks good ! How much wood do you burn in a year down there in the semi tropics? To me it seems like in the spring when I start a new quick little fire every day, and sometimes two, that I use as much wood as on a cold winter day when the stove just coasts along on big wood and never goes out.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,263  
Your work looks good ! How much wood do you burn in a year down there in the semi tropics? To me it seems like in the spring when I start a new quick little fire every day, and sometimes two, that I use as much wood as on a cold winter day when the stove just coasts along on big wood and never goes out.

gg
I only go through maybe 2 cords of wood a year is all, not even that much some years. And that includes all those little fall/spring fires to take the edge off in the mornings.
And that's a good thing 'cause I dont have a lot of hardwoods I can get to, mostly pines here. Forestry is one of the biggest industries in this state, maybe the biggest! We have lots of "tree farms" here, all pine.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,264  
And I am going to take a couple 10' slabs out of that trunk before processing it into firewood. If it gets ugly cold I can always split it up later.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,265  
Has anyone used the large log totes that hold 1/3 cord of wood? If so, how many uses do you get from one?

I want to be able to load splits either from the conveyor from a processor, or by picking up splits off the ground using a grapple.

I am planning to have the bag sit on a pallet and build a frame to hold the tote while it is being filled. If this works, I will not have to touch a split until I carry it into the house.

Here is the tote:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,266  
? Don, I'm pretty sure you have a couple dozen of the perfect firewood holders already. Just use your IBC tote crates!

You want to build a wood frame on a pallet to hold a limp sack instead?!? You're losing it, man. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,267  
I'm with deezler ,I would rather use a IBC tote with the pallet built in, than try to keep that bag upright. Plus if the wood is wet at all, there is no way it will dry as good in the bag despite the ad saying "fabric provides optimal air flow"..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,268  
Add me to the list of those who think a bag is a step backward. Next you will be trying to reinvent the wheel!!!! 😁

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,270  
Finished splitting my wood today. High 80's temps and black flies were not part of the game plan. Used to be getting done by mid May avoided that but not this year. About 4.5 cord there. Still have some small wood the cut but I don't have to split that.

22_5-16.JPG

Nothing at all wrong with totes or bags but I still like my wood shed.

gg