If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
a lousy clamp for a lousy box to put lousy chains in. It's mostly made from scrap.
8 Helicoils with detents so it shouldn't work itself loose.
No one will ever accuse me of being a welder.
fel clamp-01.jpg
fel clamp-04.jpg
fel clamp-06.jpg
fel clamp-07.jpg
fel clamp-08.jpg

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #3  
Haha, not bad!

Does it... .dump itself every time you lift the loader all the way up, though? Why not mount it somewhere... fixed?

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #4  
   / If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing
Why not mount it somewhere... fixed?
Excellent question.
I shall bookmark this thread and wait for some one more perspicacious to answer.
Coz I sure as **** couldn't find it.
It's an ammo box the closure is quite good.
I might have put it inside the tube that spans the FTL members but I want that for another purpose.

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #6  
You guys got it wrong.... that's for the self dumping feature ! Easier to pick up the chain off the floorboard than take it out of the box......:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Just kidding.... a very nice job for sure. Were there supposed to be poor welds in the pictures? They work, they hold, can't see them when the box is on.... GOOD TO GO!

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #7  
Here's a few pics of mounting tool boxes to the ROPS. The plates holding the boxes are bigger than the cheap plastic HF boxes. My intentions are to get the boxes like you have. These were just laying around and used as a 'prototype'.

A442F219-CB69-4F23-A10B-F318C795A2E4.jpeg4C129A07-EC64-4598-B88A-F197E8B04E8A.jpeg5F3299D2-E6E5-4804-8415-AA61A41BF283.jpeg
They work for me as is, so until they break, I'll use them as is.

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #8  
That's looks to be a pretty solid setup, ammo cans are great.

/ If it's worth doing it is worth overdoing #9  
While it shouldn't come off, I would have mounted it the other direction. Would stay closed easier. But I wouldn't have put it there in the first place either. I think it is way too high. Stand on the wheel to put the chain back up or get it out? But it's your machine, not ours. Thanks for posting, I like mount.