Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,141  
Finally got my replacement laptop yesterday to replace the dud HP I bought last year. I didn't have to accept a HP as replacement thank goodness. I got a Asus Vivobook Pro 15". It cost $400 more than the HP but they discounted it down so I didn't pay any extra. It has a bigger hard drive and 16GB of Ram and an OLED screen so it has worked out well for me. It took a lot of calls and returns to HP before they admitted it was a dud. Last hard drive replacement lasted 2 days. I did threaten consumer action against them and that is when they decided to refund me. I was without a Laptop since February and have been stuck using my little tablet till now. Sadly I lost a few paid for programs when the HP failed. Anyway, now I need to install my Video Editing program and others again. I'm using the Asus now and it seems real nice. I have had Asus before and one lasted me 7 years with just a battery replacement after 5 years.

My last one was asus. Really liked it. Went with Dell this time, got a great deal.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,142  
70°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 90° today. Looks like they've backed off of the record temp forecast. Storms that blew through yesterday evening did a lot of damage around the area. One confirmed tornado in south St. Louis (Kirkwood), and possibly another in northern Clinton county about 20 miles from us. Some people in town were posting on Facebook about damage, but we got none. I did see a few trees down when I passed through St Jacob on the way to work this morning. More coming overnight tonight and into tomorrow. We seems to be in a wet cycle for awhile.

Congrats to Sophie on the new tractor.

Nice-looking place you have there, Doug. The new barn looks great. Looks like a beautiful area.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,143  
Morning all, Foggy and going up to 84 with more rain possible.
Got 4 more bags of salt in pool. Not much else done.

Welcome back Mostly - great to hear the ride went well!
Alien - beautiful country - Are you drying out yet?
Randy - heal fast
Buppies - sorry you have to wait more
Don - sounds like a great success and lots of fun, big crowd

Stay safe and be well,
flwrcloseup20220519_192918.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #150,144  
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 5:45AM. Abundant sunshine. High 86F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph.
The Red Flag Warning continues with very low humidity and strong winds. Several new fires have started, but most have been put out quickly. But one way south of here in Kern County has already consumed 500 acres.

Yes, Ted, there's a monster of a pine tree down just outside the easement going up to the cul-de-sac. The last day the dozer was here I got the operator to knock down another half dozen smaller trees, and those are waiting for better weather to be moved onto the piles, too. Sorry about the green house.

Very lush surroundings, Doug, and the new barn came out great!

That blaster is a neat idea, Paul. How much noise does it make?

Swapped the original engine computer back into the van yesterday, and the code reader works fine with it. Now I have an email into the rebuilder asking what to do.

When I came into the garage to do that, I found the big touring motorcycle down on its side and the windscreen shattered. I forgot to close the garage door the night before, and something must have gotten inside and bumped it. Likely a deer, as I spotted one drinking from the bird bath that afternoon, then wandering across the front porch. New windscreen on order (ouch). Back sore from lifting bike back up onto its wheels (double ouch).

Not sure what I'll get up to today, but I'm sure glad it's Friday!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,145  
I'd written a few days ago that my ZT was sent to the shop for a major (and, IMHO, overdue) service.
I'd also written they found water in the fuel...after talking to the service manager, there was a lot of water in the tank...gallons.
This is, IMHO, incredible...can't believe the mower would even run, but it did.
Even after 5-6 years, there was way too much water that could have resulted from condensation...it had to be poured in. The mower was, on rare occasions, left outside...sometimes (but rarely) in the rain.
My guess, at this point, is the fuel source (a local gas station I've used for years) had water in their tanks...and it must have been quite a lot...
Anyway, mower's to be returned today...probably still too wet to mow after the last few rainy days

Weird...almost unbelievable...story, eh?

/ Good morning!!!! #150,146  
We had a gas station in my old town that got closed down due to water in their tanks.
They got sued by some people who had engine failure.
The supplier got involved and reimbursed all the people who filed against the station.
So it does happen.
Hopefully it did not do any damage to your ZT.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,147  
Hopefully it did not do any damage to your ZT.
Apparently, no damage...
Again, I'm guessing, but if there was water in the gas station tanks, I probably filled a 5 gallon plastic can (a "Never Spill") and topped off the mower's tank. Just ran it long enough to get the Stabil through the lines and carb.
Then the mower sat for the winter. Few weeks back, I charged the battery and moved the mower out of the garage...no mowing, but I did use it to tow my aerator over the lawn.
Thinking about it....it's possible someone siphoned fuel out of the tank while it was sitting outside...and dumped water in the tank. To me, that wouldn't make any sense at all...stealing fuel is one thing...putting water in the tank is something else entirely. Vandalism? Maybe...but I haven't pissed anyone off...

/ Good morning!!!! #150,148  
Good morning to all! Low was only 55°, going up to 88°. Winds continued and got stronger overnight. Gusts to 50mph expected today..... I'm just thrilled about that!

Found some more damage this morning, a big lower branch on our Aspen tree split. We went out and pulled the split back together and I gorilla taped it back together. We have had about a 70/30 success rate with taping broken branches and them 'healing' back together. We'll see.

Did I ever mention that I hate the wind?
Greenhouse repair in holding pattern until the wind dies down. The tribulations of living up in the transitional area of the mountains, high desert, and high elevation.

Doug, nice place you have there. Thanks for posting the video.

Buppies, sorry about the delay of the surgery.

David, nice new tractor and happy wifey..... good combination!

RNG, sorry to hear about the bike going over.... are you sure that stubby didn't have some friends over for a rowdy party? Those fence lizards are a rowdy crowd......
Hope you can figure out the ECM issue.

Paul, glad the tornados passed by without any damage. Scary stuff.....

I am anticipating today to be an inside day.....the wind is putting a damper on all the projects.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,149  
ZT is back...runs like a new machine (amazing what a good tune up can do, ain't it)
Did mow a small area just to see how it did...grass must be 5-6 inches high in spots, but the high lift blades did a fine job
Still way to wet to mow...maybe later today, but probably tomorrow before the heat (90 predicted)really sets in
Made the dump run!! Yippee!! And, while getting the trash bags on a cart, I got a call from one of our good customers...first time I ever talked to a customer while at a dump. Pleasant chat...wanted to know how we were doing with a new potential (and very lucrative) job.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,150  
69°F and .01 inches rain.

Today is my day under the knife. Will be leaving for hospital shortly. Almost lost my driver as I heard her making plans to get an early start with her BX this morning. Had to remind her that I was her priority
Still have to pinch myself I was able to work that surprise for 8 months. So totally worth it. Almost hard to believe this is same woman that told no one when she last got a new car but almost immediately bemoan that she didn’t have a suitable pic to send her sister or our son and within 5 minutes of John and. Diane showed up for H&F was excitedly telling of her surprise. I’ll admit, really made me feel good. Guys won H&F.

Prayers for all, especially those with more acute medical
Be safe
Have a great day