Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,191  
After the freezes and hail the mortar between my patio stones is looking bad. What is the best tool to remove 1/2 to 3/4” mortar between stones before re-mortaring it? The width between the stone vary between 1/8” and 3/4”, the stones are 1” thick.
If that job were mine to do, I'd use the Bosch hammer drill and a chisel bit. I bet it would remove all the mortar in very short order.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,192  
morning all, sun is out, finally, got the wind/rain thing last night. Seems to be a weekly thing now, used to be yearly when I was a kid.

Still working on pool, need to pressure wash the decking and clean out the stone areas so I can put out the furniture.

Planted the 2 forsythia last night after the storm and got the side and back areas mowed, finishing up just as the storm hit.

Aunt is mending from latest operation on lung cancer to go with the Leukemia. But she is always positive.
Uncle is able to walk without cane most of the time after his multiple hip replacements.
Brothers house still not sold, keeping fingers crossed it sells soon.

Off to pool work,
Stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #150,193  
Weather changes coming. Slight chance of rain today, 81° forecast to go to 85° by noon, then start downward with a possibility of rain every day for the next week.

Both daughters and two grandkids supposed to come for lunch today, since Margaret told them I was going to be making Cajun Shrimp Stew.🤣🤣 So I've got all my ingredients, including 4 lbs. of raw peeled tail off shrimp ready to cook.

We are at 87° before noon.

Cajun shrimp stew sounds delicious.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,194  
Today I might take the little plane to Pottstown, NJ for lunch. Nice restaurant right at the airport.

That reminds me, years ago I used to eat at 94th aero squadron restaurant at college park MD airport. Was nice to eat and watch the planes.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,195  
Was already in 80s when we went out to start planting the garden. Was 87° when we quit.
Got plastic down and planted tomatoes and cantaloupes. Just was too hot. Wife’s face was red.
IMG_4566.JPG

Normally beans would be next, but she wants to move them in case old ones came up, so later tonight might start planting potatoes, then the beans. The big rain 2 weekends ago got us behind.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,196  
had a nice swim after going on that long walk, to cool off.
Undertow sucked the energy out of my tired legs, didn't stay out long.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
   / Good morning!!!! #150,197  
Mowing's done...80 right now and I think outdoor activities are done for the day

/ Good morning!!!! #150,198  
83F, HI 88 and "Fair" @ 12:00, WU calling for a high of 88F for the day. We are under a "slight risk" of severe thunderstorms until Sunday at 08:00.

Next time I looked outside yesterday the package from Amazon was sitting there on the front steps ... (y)

It didn't seem to me like there were 100 of the pots I had ordered and planted with squash/pumpkin seeds ... so I counted them yesterday: there were 99 sitting out front with a couple more sitting "empties" inside the garage ... so they did indeed deliver the full 100 and then some.

As of last evening about 10 of them had seeds that had sprouted and were breaking the soil. I expect that number to at least double by the end of today.

Ended up getting all the mowing done yesterday down here around the house: east, west, and south.

Refueled the Cub part way through that.

Then filled up the hopper feeder after I finished mowing, also two suet feeders.

Agenda for today will include making up another tote of potting mix and get started on planting the rest of the pumpkin seeds now that I have more 6" pots.

Also put down a little 12-12-12 around the rhubarb and work it into the soil.

At some point when it starts feeling really warm I'll probably head up to the shop and continue on with the Kubota.

Might also get some more seeds started in the two new starter trays now that I have some starter soil. And/or transfer seedlings to larger pots.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,199  
Good morning to all ! Low was down to 45°, high should only be around 74°. No strong winds, but still "breezy" at 15-20 mph. Sunny and humidity still very low at 5%.

Mostly, you are correct about the humidity... there were a few 'rain' clouds earlier in the week, you could see the precipitation falling from the clouds, but disappear about halfway to the ground. Meteorologically speaking, called virga. We see it quite frequently.

RNG, like Don, our phones are always on wifi. They will automatically switch to LTE when we get out of range and vise/versa. I don't think we have had any dropped calls in years....

Drew, enjoy your trip! I am sitting here imagining myself right there with you! I haven't been to the beach in about 12 years.... I really miss going to the 'shore'. Hopefully soon..... So, keep the pictures coming in the meantime.

My tape job on the broken branch was unsuccessful. The wind kept whipping around that branch and it was just going to cause further damage, so off it came. That tree is due for pruning this fall, so not a big deal.

The agenda for today has multiple possibilities.... replace / plant the new tree, install the repair panels on the greenhouse, repurpose some 2x4's and 2x6's into a raised bed strawberry patch, put up the metal panels on the fence.... too many choices.... need to make a decision....

The old house sale must have been finalized and the deal closed.... We were watching TV last evening and heard an odd rumbling sound. When I looked outside, a motorhome was pulling in next door. They parked it right up against our fence. I think they left thereafter, no lights on in the house or RV were seen later on. I guess the new owners will be moving in this weekend. We have yet to meet them.

Everyone have a great weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,200  
Is anyone else getting confused on the number of people being referenced in news articles with the plural pronouns of "they" and "them" instead of the singular his or her's when they are talking about one person?

No ... primarily because "they" and "them" have a long history of singular usage:

Singular they - Wikipedia

However I am finding the outrage and panic over all of this at least as hilarious as the goofiness that originally caused it.

Don't like the pronouns I use to refer to someone ?

Take it up with Noah Webster ...

:LOL: