Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #91  
Hello everyone,

Here's an update

I received a call from "that" Kubota dealer in which I talked with the sales agent and his manager.
They argued that the Kubota website doesn't reflect the current pricing. I pointed out the over-price issue of the rear weights and proceeded to ask the based price of the tractor,
The manager answered that the base price was $39k, then I countered by saying that his sales agent's base price was a little over $40,200.
I also pointed out that for $64k+ I should be looking at the M62 instead.
At the end of the day, I don't want to do business with them.

Per "WADFL" recommendation, I proceed to check another Kubota local dealer (thank you, sir)
The sales agent at this dealer has been very prompt, and, from my perspective, he seems to be a straight shooter.
I got a quote that is slightly less $$$ than what you get from the Kubota website.
So far, I haven't brought the NCHA discount situation to this dealer/agent yet.

I also went to another dealer selling Red and Blue; I found what seems to be a great deal on a used 100+hr red machine with multiple accessories. It doesn't have the amount of HP I'm looking for, but I'm inclined to compromise and be done with the situation.
I was looking for a 40+ PTO hp, 3000lb+ bare tractor weight with at least 2,500lb loader max lifting capacity, but I might be getting a 37pto hp machine instead.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to buy the Kubota MX, I drove multiple tractors, and I enjoyed the orange the most, but sometimes we don't get what we want but what we need to get by.

Buying a tractor shouldn't be painful at all. That is what we have car dealers for.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input.

Thank you
Just met with my dealer the other day where I bought my MX5400 last year. He just sold an MX5400 HST no cab for $38,500. Didn't ask if there were any discounts such as NCHA.
I did use my NCHA membership last year and got an OTD for my MX5400 (Tractor/loader only) for $30,500.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #92  
Glad I was able to help you get a quote, even if you end up buying elsewhere.
Where is this red/blue dealer you're mentioning?

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida
Glad I was able to help you get a quote, even if you end up buying elsewhere.
Where is this red/blue dealer you're mentioning?
Is located in Ocala.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #94  
I would really like to know how this all played out. OP did you get a tractor?

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #97  
When I worked at the newspaper, they would offer promos and discount rates for all kinds of stuff. New subscribers. Pay by mail. Pay by the month. 6 month. 1 year. Senior discounts. All kinds of stuff. It got to the point that they had several dozen different rates. So you're getting the paper at X price as a new subscriber, but your elderly neighbor, whose been a faithful customer for decades is paying many times X for theirs. They find out and complain. So you give them a discount. Then they call all of their elderly friends and tell them to call and complain. Then they do. Then everyone starts. Eventually, they won't take the excuse that their neighbors are getting it for a one-time promotional price, and will eventually be paying the same price you are. That still doesn't sit with them, and they cancel.

They hired a company that came in and analyzed the rate charts, and ran it through an algorithm that accurately predicted that if they raised their rates on all of their customers, some would cancel, some would stay, but the ones that stayed paying the higher rates would offset the ones that cancelled at the lower rates. So you now have less product to produce and deliver to less people, which requires less raw materials, less electricity, less fuel and fewer delivery vehicles, smaller warehoused and fewer employees, all while still making the same amount of money. So go ahead and quit our product, we don't need you. That's pretty much what happened in almost the entire newspaper industry.

It's also what's happening in many other industries. They have it figured out that even if they raise their prices so much that people stop buying their product (whatever it is), enough people will keep buying it at the higher prices to offset any lost customers and sales.

Look around and see if you can find any industries that cannot sell their products right now.
:unsure:...There's some logic to what you're saying here but I'm not sure this works in every business.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #98  
If you are still looking, and are considering a green tractor, check out D & J Equipment in Altamonte. They are a real deal mom and pop dealership. I recently bought a tractor from them and was highly impressed. Best price of anywhere I looked. I had been in their shop before, however this time I bought entirely online and they delivered the machine to me.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #99  
Nothing about that quote makes any sense.
It only takes me 20 minutes to get to Sanford and I'm right beside FCE in Apopka. I can give you a contact in there if you want.
Going to send you a PM with a contact I have over at Crystal.
Even the FCE gentleman I know told me it's difficult to beat Crystal, and by my experience that is very true.

I have had two experiences of incompetent, uncaring tractor service at Crystal Tractor, Chiefland, Florida.

I sent a tactful letter of complaint to Crystal HQ, which was ignored.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #100  
Been getting Deere ads in the TBN threads showing a total price and saying 1 hour at the dealer transaction time.

I thought OK let me click and the it says page not available?