Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #101  
Been getting Deere ads in the TBN threads showing a total price and saying 1 hour at the dealer transaction time.

I thought OK let me click and the it says page not available?
I can tell you that it was less than that, since I bought online. They sent me the credit app, and asked for a copy of my ID and that was it. I already knew which machine I was after. I did have to wait until the next morning simply because I applied after hours.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #102  
I have had two experiences of incompetent, uncaring tractor service at Crystal Tractor, Chiefland, Florida.

I sent a tactful letter of complaint to Crystal HQ, which was ignored.
I tried the Hastings store which used to be Futch's Tractor Depot and apparently Crystal bought them out when I was searching for a skid steer and they were ridiculously high on their pricing, I mean not even in the ballpark when comparing apples to apples.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #103  
I have had two experiences of incompetent, uncaring tractor service at Crystal Tractor, Chiefland, Florida.

I sent a tactful letter of complaint to Crystal HQ, which was ignored.
Hmmmmm.....Google reviews disagree.

Crystal Tractor

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #104  
Hmmmmm.....Google reviews disagree.

Crystal Tractor
I don't have any experience with this dealer but Google reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Merchants frequently solicit good reviews from customers which in my opinion invalidates the review.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #105  
I don't have any experience with this dealer but Google reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Merchants frequently solicit good reviews from customers which in my opinion invalidates the review.
If I see a Google review with just stars and no comments, I automatically disregard it from the total count. That's one star or even 5 stars.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida
Hello everyone,

This is a quick update; I plan to provide details and pictures later.
Last Friday, we signed a contract on a Kioti RX7320 open station with a Loader and Backhoe.
I know it is more tractor than what I was looking for and a different brand.

The machine is supposed to arrive next Friday next week; I will keep you posted.

Thank you, everyone, for your input. I learned from my mistakes and changed my approach.

Attachments

• IMG_20220603_185257.jpg
    IMG_20220603_185257.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20220603_185306.jpg
    IMG_20220603_185306.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
   / Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #107  
Congrats on the Kioti. What did you do differently?

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #108  
Hello everyone,

This is a quick update; I plan to provide details and pictures later.
Last Friday, we signed a contract on a Kioti RX7320 open station with a Loader and Backhoe.
I know it is more tractor than what I was looking for and a different brand.

The machine is supposed to arrive next Friday next week; I will keep you posted.

Thank you, everyone, for your input. I learned from my mistakes and changed my approach.
Wow! That's a nice looking piece of iron! 👍

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida
Congrats on the Kioti. What did you do differently?
Multiple things.
I took a more pragmatic approach, knowing that there are other options and that every dealer is entitled to give the pricing and level of service they want.
I didn't bring any quote or pricing list with me; if I wasn't okay with their quote, but they seemed to have decent service, I would then try to negotiate.
I also had to be flexible on brands and location. I still wanted to get a Kubota, but I had to compromise at the end of the day.

For clarity, this was $10k less than the MX6000 but a more capable machine. One thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of features that come standard on the RX7320 that you have to pay extra with Kubota.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #110  
I think you took a good approach. Lets just say those types of issues and others aren't limited to just your area. We also had a (VERY) bad experience with attempting to buy a Kubota and ended up with a Kioti. It's nice. Went through the same adjustment of attitude you did. It was less expensive with more features and a larger engine. It was also available immediately.

We really wanted the Kubota badly. Just once in our lives to get the name brand option. But it was just too much drama. It had surpassed even typical car dealer shenanigans.

At this point we're very happy it didn't happen. Ask me again in 5 years once we see how this one holds up. :)