Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated.

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #1  

ssloane

Tractor
Yanmar FX16D
FX16D Shaft.png

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #2  

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #3  
   / Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #4  
   / Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have the existing one that broke? IF you can not find the part, a machine shop can replicate one.
Thanks. Yes I have the entire piece. Will check if there are any in my area that provide this service.

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #6  
... IF you can not find the part, a machine shop can replicate one.
For a lot cheaper than replacing the tractor? That bevel-cut gear at the outer end must be complex to duplicate accurately.

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #7  
Thanks. Yes I have the entire piece. Will check if there are any in my area that provide this service.
A good machine shop would have a QC lab for inspection. There, they can determine the material hardness too.

The parts manual of your image shows it's straight spine teeth in 2 places, simple enough to fabricate.

/ Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated. #8  
   / Looking for a RH axel Shaft for a FX16D. no luck finding one so far. anyone have one or any help locating it would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried Fredricks Outdoor in Hartselle AL. They have a huge inventory of Gray Market Yanmars and may be able to locate you one.
thanks. no luck at Fredricks....

So far no machine shops in my area have the correct machines to duplicate the splines and the gear at the end of the shaft since they have a curve to them.

one side note, I did find a F155D salvage tractor within a couple hour drive from me. From the pictures the rear axel housing has the same square style as mine, and looks close. have not been able to find any parts manual for the F155D to see of these two would match up. if nothing else I'll take a trip and see if it does.

All the help community help has been great and the hunt goes on.