Clutch issues

/ Clutch issues #1  

lcampbell166

Tractor
Mahindra 3616
I’m having issues with my 2016 Mahindra 3616 manual transmission. It seem like it wants to slip, and at times make a loud screeching noise like maybe a throw out bearing. I have adjusted the clutch linkage but it has not changed much! Any ideas?? Low hours

/ Clutch issues #2  
Sounds like you're on the right track to diagnose the issue. Worn out bearing could certainly become very loud (ask me how I know...)

/ Clutch issues
Sounds like you're on the right track to diagnose the issue. Worn out bearing could certainly become very loud (ask me how I know...)
I'm new to Mahindra it only has 180 hrs. on it! Is this a concern? How do you know???

/ Clutch issues #4  
That is low hours for a clutch to fail. Do not know about your tractor but some throw out bearings are greasable.

When it slips is it momentary or does the tractor just stop? Is it worse in higher gears? Are the tires filled with liquid ballast?

/ Clutch issues #5  
I'm new to Mahindra it only has 180 hrs. on it! Is this a concern? How do you know???
I wouldn't think a bearing would go out in that short of time, but once they start to go, they can go quickly. I had an implement with 6 bearings. Noise got so loud when they wore out, I had to wear ear protection.

Once I decided to investigate it, and pull the bearings out, I was shocked to see that 4 of them had shredded the ball bearings within the bearing itself. I replaced all 6, and now I can't even here the implement run.

Another poster recommended trying to grease the bearing. Not a bad idea to try before spending $$$ on new ones.

/ Clutch issues
That is low hours for a clutch to fail. Do not know about your tractor but some throw out bearings are greasable.

When it slips is it momentary or does the tractor just stop? Is it worse in higher gears? Are the tires filled with liquid ballast?
The bearing does not make noise all of the time just usually while moving in the higher gears. I do not believe that it is greaseable there is no way to get to it since it is inside the bell housing. It does slip at only the higher gears. But not all the time it’s very strange. The tires are filled. The clutch has been adjusted several times trying to make up for the slipping issue.

/ Clutch issues #7  
Have you noticed a difference if in 4WD?

/ Clutch issues
No I haven’t.

/ Clutch issues #9  
Sounds like you will be replacing the clutch. I was hoping for something simpler.

/ Clutch issues
I think I agree. Thanks for talking it through with me.