Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #211  
That slice isn’t really yours… it’s only under your care until you leave it. And we ALL leave.

In fact you do share it sir, every day that you pay Sales tax, property tax, and school tax to the controlling members of our society that tell us how much and where to send the check. Yes and we do… lest we loose that little slice of heaven that we temporarily manage ultimately for the purposes of maintaining their income stream. The same income stream that’s routinely misused and abused by any number of pick pockets along its way to our great infrastructure management system. The same Sysyem that’s been funded and yet not maintained for the last 60 years of voting in and out of office hundreds of thousands of folks that are indeed there to do for us what the last guy didn’t…. It’s a merry go round of pork for everyone, and regulation that tightens the rope around us more for every dollar we give them to ease those ropes just a bit…

I used to think that people that took care of their properties were astute, concerned, and proud members of the community. I thought they did so because it meant something to them and to those around them. And then as I have aged, I’ve seen homes that used to be beautifully maintained fall into weedy disrepair. Sometimes it’s a cycle, sometimes it’s out of despair.
In any case it seems there is always that possibility, of everything we work hard at, to fall by the wayside, whether it’s a perfectly groomed lawn or home, or quite frankly
anything we say we own.

The Government that used to be there “for” us, is movin’ on up!

In the 90’s they became the government that was “with” us, and today, sadly to say… it’s seems now that it’s the government against us.

Those slippery slopes we ride every single day all but decrease our autonomy over our individual lives, rights, and even our families.

We don’t control money by the gold standard anymore, it’s controlled by the fed (big government), so any money we scrape and work hard on setting aside for 20 or 30 years languishes in inflationary spending tactics that opens our personal coffers for things like “Guaranteed, free, no strings attached, income checks” for some of us… oh, and who chooses those few people that take part in such holistic means of being Robinhood while sacking the savings of the 30% of Americans that have actually given up lots of stuff in life to save for their possible retirement? The Government chooses.

We can’t even “give” to our choice of needy any longer. That decision is made by bureaucrats. Both the “Who” and “How much” is automatically pulled from our life savings via inflationary spending by the very people that “tell us” we voted them into office. Did we?

But I digress …
There's nothing inherently wrong with government. Of any kind, really.

The problem lies in who runs whatever government is in power.

When you have criminals trying to run things, it's gonna get screwed up.

When those criminals bring in academics and call them experts, when they refer to Doctor-Bureaucrats who have never treated a patient in their lives as 'scientists'...... When they hire an eco-terrorist to lead the Bureau of Land Management, when they listen to Sophomoric Bumper-Sticker slogans instead of actual professionals, when they promise to shut down the Fossil Fuel Industry then can't figure out why we're in an energy crisis.

There's your problem.

They think a 'benign dictatorship' (as long as their the dictator) is the way to go.

Do you think Stalin saw himself as evil? ******? Mao?

It's what happens when you put the wrong kind of people in power. And it doesn't matter who the individual is. Lenin gave way to Stalin who gave way to Khrushchev who eventually gave way to Putin who will give way to somebody just as bad.

ne thing they all have in common -- It's never their fault. Just ask them, they'll tell you

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #212  
Is that statement accurate? It makes it sound like you'll have to stop using your gas powered equipment by that date. I don't think that's the case. As I understand it, the new law bans the sale of NEW gas powered yard equipment. You can keep using your currently owned gas powered lawn equipment. I didn't see a date for that to end.
Don’t discount local bans on existing equipment as cities here implement gas brush cutters blowers, etc…

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #213  
Is that statement accurate? It makes it sound like you'll have to stop using your gas powered equipment by that date. I don't think that's the case. As I understand it, the new law bans the sale of NEW gas powered yard equipment. You can keep using your currently owned gas powered lawn equipment. I didn't see a date for that to end.
Did you even bother to read the law?
Just a short perusal shows:

43018.11.​

(a) (1) By July 1, 2022, the state board shall, consistent with federal law, adopt cost-effective and technologically feasible regulations to prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions from new small off-road engines, as defined by the state board. Those regulations shall apply to engines produced on or after January 1, 2024, or as soon as the state board determines is feasible, whichever is later.

So by my interpretation you are 100% correct. It's only new engines.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #214  
To heck with those idiots in CA, let them stay there and wallow in the immoral liberal sewer that is California

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #215  
The WSJournal had an article on 6/9/22 "High Costs Cut Into Lawn Care". If I may paraphrase, Soaring costs for fuel, labor, and equipment have pushed the prices of lawn mowing, exterior pressure washing, and tree trimming up 22%, 20%, and 9%, respectively, according Angi, Inc. One contractor dropped a client when he figured out $40 per cut resulted in a $17 loss each mowing.

Are Californians clients pushing back against high prices, refusing to let contractors charge their batteries with the clients' current, etc?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #216  
Well... with mandatory water cutbacks not that many lawns left to mow anymore...

Having a Green Lawn is often a negative... not to me but the industry is now drought tolerant

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #217  
Well... with mandatory water cutbacks not that many lawns left to mow anymore...

Having a Green Lawn is often a negative... not to me but the industry is now drought tolerant
In NY State, this time of year, by the time you finish mowing and park the equipment for the night, the grass has already grown a half inch! And that's without watering!!

So where is all the electricity going to come from to charge those new electric zero turns, cars, heat pumps, and the robots that they are promising to every family sitting (pun intended) below the poverty level? I believe those will be getting shipped to them via FedEx electric drones...

The last time I looked, solar power at the home level costs about $26 less a month than electric service. The problem is that in about 76% of those installs by large firms, if the grid goes down that you're connected to, they dump your solar power to ground in order to protect the grid... so you lose power when the grid goes down. Seems counter intuitive.

Hmmm...

Last edited:
   / Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #218  
So what are people to do with the thousands of dollars invested in their lawn equipment, will they get some sort of government compensation for it?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #219  
No… pretty much out of luck.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #220  
So what are people to do with the thousands of dollars invested in their lawn equipment, will they get some sort of government compensation for it?
You already received that... in your stimulus check!!!