Who’s cutting hay?

/ Who’s cutting hay? #21  
They are cutting here in Northern Indiana. Yields are down a bit it appears. We bought some really nice first cut for our horses. Still need to find a couple hundred more small squares.
Sold my NH 575 last year on Tractor House and candidly, don't miss it one bit. Small squares are nothing but work with little reward.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Hell it's just mushroom bedding anyway... I'm sure you don't care.
I know you’re obsessed with it so it’s kinda fun to watch how much YOU care.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Sold my NH 575 last year on Tractor House and candidly, don't miss it one bit. Small squares are nothing but work with little reward.
when you only make a few bales per year, I can see why it was gathering dust.

Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay?
View attachment 750366
Helping neighbor with some squares yesterday.

View attachment 750365

Rounds at my barn today. Yesterday's payloader was sure nicer to run than my tractor.
Nice to see legitimate hay operations and the pictures really help show what we are doing.

Returning home to base today @ 33MPH :)

1655432401579.jpeg

Took the family to a Phillies game Thurs day night.
Gotta get some fun time in, too!

1655652200348.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay? #25  
when you only make 200 bales per year, I can see why it was gathering dust.
Another condescending comment from the peanut gallery. FYI, last time I ran it, I contract bailed for the local road commission, wheat straw. Ran from dawn to dusk just stopping to fill the twine box. I made 25 cents per bale on the ground and I ran almost 5000 small squares for them. Not a bad days work. $1250 bucks minus fuel and twine and lunch No touch, they picked them up and hauled them away. FYI not that it means squat to you but I sold it for $12,500 bucks in 2 days.

I dropped my square bale account previous to that. Just too much hassle versus income made.

I'm sure she's looking for another square bailer, you want to drive down and do it? Nice 35 acres of mixed alfalfa and Broom grass. That ain't you. You stick with mushroom bedding, it's your forte'

/ Who’s cutting hay?
And some feed hay delivered (just to keep the trolls from lying too much)

1655433249478.jpeg

/ Who’s cutting hay? #28  
Another condescending comment from the peanut gallery. FYI, last time I ran it, I contract bailed for the local road commission, wheat straw. Ran from dawn to dusk just stopping to fill the twine box. I made 25 cents per bale on the ground and I ran almost 5000 small squares for them. Not a bad days work. $1250 bucks minus fuel and twine and lunch No touch, they picked them up and hauled them away. FYI not that it means squat to you but I sold it for $12,500 bucks in 2 days.
I wouldn't attach sq baler & start my tractors engine for $0.25 per bale even back when I owned a sq baler. I got $1.00 just to small sq bale only. Baling 5000 small sq bales per day is very impressive if it REALLY happened! That's 400 bales per hr for a solid 12.5 hrs.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
I wouldn't attach sq baler & start my tractors engine for $0.25 per bale even back when I owned a sq baler. I got $1.00 just to small sq bale only. Baling 5000 small sq bales per day is very impressive if it REALLY happened! That's 400 bales per hr for a solid 12.5 hrs.

Neither would I. Would have to bale into the night, with no food breaks and a pee pail LOL and zero break downs. Of course, there’s no time for raking as one would have to bale all 12.5 hours straight.
Like the “no payment books” hoax, sounds like its “fake news”.

Last edited:
   / Who’s cutting hay? #30  
I'm surprised horses in photo waste that much hay due to expensive hay feeder being used! My daughters horses don't seem to waste more than that & she has no rd bale feeder rings. I wonder if this hay was a little too mature?
Screenshot 2022-06-17 065001.png