So many "advice givers" want us to declutter.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #21  
I bet all you hoarders have children that despise the habit.
Not one of the posters prior to you described themselves as "hoarders".
Those of us that save good material for reuse or repurposing are vital to the planet.
As long as it is kept in good condition it should retain its value.

Decluttering is important. But it takes time. Often I've it found it takes less time if I let the "clutter" build up over the course of several projects before I sort, file and store it all. Rather than spend 15 minutes putting everything away four or five times I save it until the end. But until I wrap up it may look like a mess.

And as the supply shortages due to just-in-time supply chain problems keep piling up those of us with stock on hand just keep putting along.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #22  
   / So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #23  
My wife said ... get rid of all the old cars, just flog them off (she fails to realize that I actually have made money on the sales) ... the vehicles all had / have a purpose, and then they are sold

in the past year or so, I have done my best to make progress ...

sold
- '92 Honda Civic h/b - needed something else, not so low
- '04 Toyota Rav4 - replacement, but sold for profit
- '00 Pontiac Sunfire - sold
- '03 Chevrolet Cavalier - sold
- '81 Chevrolet El Camino SS "Royal Knight" - sold
- '04 Hyundai Santa Fe - replacement, but sold for profit

I still have too many vehicles (some are projects, that will be sold yet), but I'm making progress

I have 3 keepers - a truck for hauling, an economical daily, and a classic muscle collector
my wife's car is worth more than all of mine, AND she has a classic project --- so I think we are pretty good

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #24  
Not one of the posters prior to you described themselves as "hoarders".
Those of us that save good material for reuse or repurposing are vital to the planet.
As long as it is kept in good condition it should retain its value.

Decluttering is important. But it takes time. Often I've it found it takes less time if I let the "clutter" build up over the course of several projects before I sort, file and store it all. Rather than spend 15 minutes putting everything away four or five times I save it until the end. But until I wrap up it may look like a mess.

And as the supply shortages due to just-in-time supply chain problems keep piling up those of us with stock on hand just keep putting along.
Several good posts here but non so profound as to what really matters as yours.
I've owned Section 8 housing and managed some for others. After tenants have vacated it is common to find like new toys,and clothing along with non-perishable food left behind. Not only have the people been trained for intitlements,they are taught to not share what they don't need,otherwise they would take the stuff to non-profits. If it's a matter of no time or transportation,non-profits will come pick it up. At least they do when I call instead of dropping off. There's a direct connection between those promoting entitlements and those promoting de-cluttering. So direct they are the one and same people.
Taking the matter one step farther,I've never spent a dime of my salary to buy and maintain rental property. Not only do they pay for themselves,they turn a profit. Point being has nots are most often that way by choice because they are told to de-clutter and wait for the new shipment of goods.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #25  
output_image1655922687674.jpg

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #26  
My "hardware hoarding" dates back to the late 70's when I built my house. Back then, it was an hours drive to get to the nearest hardware store. I held onto every extra screw & nail and saved countless hours of driving.

Now, some 40 years later, there's a Home Depot two miles from my house yet I still hoard the fasteners. Go figure.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #27  
The "You will own nothing, and be happy" sayers are talking to someone else, Not me!

I'm just one more tool away from true happiness.

Now if I could just find my speed square........ ;-)

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #28  
The "You will own nothing, and be happy" sayers are talking to someone else, Not me!

I can make that easy for you. Just go buy another, then you will find the one you are looking for.
a classic muscle collector
Now would be a good time to post a picture. 👍 One can never look at too many pictures of old classics.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #29  
I'm open to trades of HWs :) whatchagot ?
I’m doing this selfless service to help you get rid of your junk :ROFLMAO:

Long story but my mom who won’t speak with me has three or four large boxes of trains I haven’t seen in ~30 years since I left. She probably threw them out. Ohh well.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #30  

Mine started when I was four or five. My grandfather was a dust bowl survivor and had me straightening bent nails that then got organized into his coffee cans. I don’t think any metallic object left his property and he truly could and did fix everything. Wish I was half the man he was.