Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy?

/ Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy? #1  

Aquamoose

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
Every time I operate my tractor over dry earth, the radiator fan kicks up dust creating a nuisance that I dread going through them when working. Sometimes I hose the area heavily to keep dust to a minimum but it’s not always practical. Have any of you made a fix to deflect the airflow to the sides instead of down to the ground?

/ Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy? #2  
Work after a rain of dust is an issue

/ Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy? #3  
I very much doubt it's due to your radiator fan.

I think you'll find that it's due to the angle and proximity to the ground of the exhaust tail pipe. Mine kicks up chaff off of the ground when I'm mowing fields. This location is very common across most brands of compact and sub compact tractors these days. I've seen guys put a piece of pipe on the end of their exhaust pipe to change it's angle away from the ground. Just have to be careful not to angle it too much towards the front tire so it doesn't make contact during tight turns.

I wish mine was a stack coming out of the hood.

/ Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy? #4  
Aquamoose - you and I are almost neighbors. The only dust I ever see - later in the summer when things are dry and I'm using some land engagement implement behind the Kubota. The implement kick up the dust.

My Kubota has a vertical exhaust. I wonder if your situation isn't a horizontal exhaust like Slowpoke Slim describes.

I've checked the pics of Branson 3520h on a couple web sites. I see no vertical exhaust.

/ Tractor blowing dust - what’s your remedy? #7  
Every time I operate my tractor over dry earth, the radiator fan kicks up dust creating a nuisance that I dread going through them when working. Sometimes I hose the area heavily to keep dust to a minimum but it’s not always practical. Have any of you made a fix to deflect the airflow to the sides instead of down to the ground?

You could probably get away with putting a plate like a skid plate under the frame where the wind from the fan gets through to the ground. I would also angle and/or extend the exhaust pipe so it does not point to the ground.

Last edited: