Am I nutz?

/ Am I nutz? #32  
I like the rolling the barrel on the ground idea a lot better than the trying to shake it idea. There’s no way you can shake it hard enough to mix anything short of water.

/ Am I nutz? #34  
Yes. Yu are nuts!!!!
Wy all this trouble. How about renting a mixer!!!!! Or having a readymix delivering the concrete😜😜😜😜

/ Am I nutz? #36  
nice idea but used mixers are cheap and they work easily and quickly. i think your idea may take a while in each load prep

/ Am I nutz? #37  
Time is money! Just buy or rent a mixer for the job. Under $300 at Harbor Freight and works decent. Find a unit on FB or CL. If I needed one more then I do, I'd get a 3p pto driven one. No cords, portable and no motor to worry about!

/ Am I nutz? #38  
A couple of years ago, I picked up a used cement mixer at a yard sale for $5. It was in good physical shape but the electric motor was missing. I installed a hydraulic motor, welded a SSQA plate to the legs of the mixer and used the 3rd function valve to power the hydraulic motor. I use the tractor & FEL to mix, transport and dump concrete wherever it's needed.

I like that I no longer have to set up the mixer next to the sand & gravel piles and cement bags. Instead of bringing the ingredients to the mixer, I now take the mixer to the ingredients which are usually stored in different locations.

/ Am I nutz? #39  
Don’t know if the loader drum shake method could adequately mix. Do have a fork lift 55 gallon handler that uses a hand chain drive to rotate the drum.

Enjoyed the 3pt mixers being able to go to piles and truck to charge ingredients. Then carry to place. Could make several yards per day. Wore out several kinds of drum mixers over the years.

Shovel loading is now kind of hard. Always wanted to build a skip pan or hopper and use loader bucket(s) to volumetrically charge the mixer. 1/3yd gas powered or pto mixer. An idea needing to get fleshed out.

/ Am I nutz? #40  
Could you fix the old mixer and store it out of your wife's sight?