Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #21  
The Power Wagon has a full skid plates on the underside. Wonder if they were thinking of cat converter theft when that was designed. If there is ever any maintenance required - "up there" - it's gonna take a while to remove all the bolts and drop the plates.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #22  
Here in WA the annual renewal tabs have a unique number on the tab. Not your license number but a number that can be traced back to the vehicle it was issued to.

I think there must be quite a difference between living in a big city vs living out here in the country. I see somebody crawling under a car with a battery powered cut off tool - there may be several "farm boys" waiting for this FOOL to come sliding out from under.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #23  
Don't worry about convertor theft on my little buggy. It's so low to the ground, only a 'pin head' could get underneath to cut it off. My wife's Suburban is another issue entirely and it has 2.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts

Last edited:
   / Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #25  
If it was me, I'd have just shot him in the crotch while he was under it...

Today, I'd think stealing fuel would be more common place. I put locking caps on all my vehicles a few months ago.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #26  
2019 Ford Ranger, not worried about theft. It is not an easy target, even with plenty of room to get underneath truck. They designed it tucked in pretty tight...

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #28  
Don't worry about convertor theft on my little buggy. It's so low to the ground, only a 'pin head' could get underneath to cut it off.
Harbor freight business starter pack. Lol.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #29  
Don't worry about convertor theft on my little buggy. It's so low to the ground, only a 'pin head' could get underneath to cut it off.
I dunno, the OP mentioned that pruisses (pruii?) are one of the prime targets...no ground clearance whatsoever on them. You'd have to be pretty skinny to slide under there with a sawzall.

/ Beware of Catalytic Converter Thefts #30  
I dunno, the OP mentioned that pruisses (pruii?) are one of the prime targets...no ground clearance whatsoever on them. You'd have to be pretty skinny to slide under there with a sawzall.
Car jack.